help white spot

Reaction score
There are quite a few rememdies for white spot apparently. Fresh water dip, in which u would place the fish in fresh water for 5 minutes thus killing the parasites. This is however said to be pretty stressful for the fish so not advised. QT and treating with medication would be another. Hyposalinity i hear is the best bet, where u would Place the infected fish in water with a salinity of 1010, this will apparently do no harm to the fish but kill the parasites. You would need a refractometer though as to high a salinity and the parasites would live to low and you would harm the fish. You could apparently dose food with vitimins and if the fish's own immune system could win out.
I would google these for more info as i am no expert and have only come across these while trying to find a cure for my own fishes diseases. Maybe someone with more experience in this regard could help more.

Good luck.

Reaction score
I have the same problem - white spot. I joined the MASA group last night. Lots of great advice given to me. I will keep an eye on your thread to see what the clever people advise and see if theres any bits of info for me.
Ta