Help transfer data from power point to DVD USB

Discussion in 'Technology' started by magman, 23 Jan 2012.

1. magman

magman

Computer guru's, please help!!!

Here is what I am trying to do, I got a powerpoint presentation that I use, and today I noticed my dvd player has a USB port, and I want to be able to do the presentation on the dvd player. It will be much easier on the dvd player, because with the remote you can forward to the next slide, and the laptop with powerpoint is a bit small for presentations to large groups.

It is easy to copy photo's across and play them, but the problem is when you try and copy powerpoint across, it just comes up as scrap, then when I plug it into the dvd player, it says the file is empty. I need to convert each powerpoint slide to a photo image, I have tried with paint, but it comes up as scrap also!!!!

It is quite a big presentation, nearly 200 slides, so I would prefer to do it as a block, but I don't mind if I have to edit each slide as it would be still better on the dvd player!!!!

Could it just be a useless USB memory stick, or a conversion problem?

Please help guys, any suggestions? to the winner I will catch a Kingii x gem hybrd:yeahdude:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Singularity

Singularity Hmmm amper!

the dvd player will only play certain video/image files, ie it will only play files it has a codec for... Does your laptop have blue tooth? Connect laptop to tv, download app to control your laptop with your phone via blue tooth, easy

4. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

The only way I know of is to convert each slide into an image, then your DVD player will recognise the files and play them like normal photo's.

I hope it's an interesting presentation, just the thought of having to sit through 200 slides is putting me to sleep already.:p

5. magman

magman Thread Starter

Shot for the reply bud, the problem is though that I will be doing the presentation in other peoples houses, so I will be dealing with differant models of TV's, and I thought if I take my dvd player, as it is small, and very easy to cennect. Is what I want to try and do, is to convert each power point slide to the image files.

I will try my TV with the blue tooth later, the only thing is I am scared it gets damaged with the carting around

6. magman

magman Thread Starter

Thanks Dean, but how do I convert them though? I even tried copying each slide to paint, then saving the paint image, but it still copies across and then is not on the memory when it is plugged into the dvd player.

I even tried to edit old photo's, in paint, then save them, but it still wont work.

Do you think the quality of the USB device makes much differance?

7. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Open your presentation in Powerpoint, then click File > Save As, then in the drop down menu near the bottom of the window change the "Save as type" box to JPEG, it will then ask you if you want to do each slide, say yes and it will then save all 200 slides as .jpg files in a folder on your pc, you then copy that folder onto your USB stick and they will play like normal photo's on the DVD. It will be just like having 200 photo's on your usb stick that you can flip through.

Last edited: 24 Jan 2012
  8. magman

magman Thread Starter

Works great, it is so easy to convert, shot for the help there Dean....:thumbup:

The only problem now, is they come in a differant order, starting with 1, it starts with all the slides begining with a 1, eg, 1, 10, 11, etc, 100, 101, - 199, then it starts 2, then 20, etc, I am going to have to try alphabetically, and leave room in the middle for adding more slides.

9. seank

seank

Seun, I am at home this weekend, if you want, I can give you a program that'll make your life much easier. Call me if you interested. I also have RiaanP- one of the boses....he he....- there from Tomorrow- hopefully if he does not get lost

10. magman

magman Thread Starter

thanks for all your guys help, but it is sorted, the one memory stick shuffles the slides, but then the other work one, keeps them in their order:thumbup:

I must say it is awesome seeing something you used to seeing on the laptop, then put it on the big screen, you should try it with tank pics!!!!!!

Recent Posts