help required with mushroom

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Tex, 3 Jun 2010.

1. Tex

Tex

hi all

please i have some help . i have added this to my tank , but after an hour it started to go limp and fall - i have been told that it will take a few days for it to recover after the move. is this true

also i have this butterfly that picks at my live rock all day long - will it completly strip the live rock ?

Thanks
    Jason

Attached Files:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jaco Schoeman

Jaco Schoeman MASA Contributor

Hi Jason

WELCOME!!!

Firstly, that is not a mushroom. It is a leather coral (sinularia sp.) They do sulk, and it can even last a few days. So just keep it under good flow, and good light, and make sure your params are in check. Then it will open up eventually.

Butterfly fish are know to pick on coral, and cause major damage. Some people however keep them in a mixed reef with no problems. I think the key is in feeding it. If it is fed well, then there will be no need for it to "graze" on your wanted stock.

Butterflies on the whole are very hungry fish, and has to be fed a lot, not in one go, but throughout the day. I suggest give it pellets in the day, on a auto feeder, and give it some mysis shrimp and the like at night.'

Good luck, and enjoy your stay!!!

4. clinton stanford

clinton stanford

welcome to MASA!:thumbup:
    good advice givin from Jaco;) my leather also sulk's for as long as two or three days sometimes.
    ask lots of quistions, you have come to the right place for the best advice:)

5. Boegie

Boegie

Welcome

6. Tex

Tex Thread Starter

Thanks for the help guys , will give it a few days and hope for the best !!!

Recent Posts