Help please with RO unit!

Siphon it out to your bath, throw in some bath salts and bath oils, get it touch with your inner feminine side... :)

You can add a second membrane which will reduce waste and increase RO production.

Siphon it out to your bath, throw in some bath salts and bath oils, get it touch with your inner feminine side... :)

now thats a good idea

Can your waste water be reused through the RO unit, just having a look at how much waste water there is and dont really wanna waste so much water, so my question is, is a RO unit worth it in the long run compard to buying RO water and the increase of the water bill?

you never know the quality you getting at a lfs!

and your waste should be about 1 : 2..........in some cases just a little more than 1:1

cost of production would be around R6 per 300 litres of r.o.water produced (in durban anyway).....not sure what you guys up there are getting grilled;)

are you sure your flush valve is off?

glad to hear on the phone i was correct about the resin only being a cation resin and not a mixed bed resin............

if you had a filmtec membrane or a hydronautics membrane the rejection versus recovery rate woud be much lower too.....

in short.......next time get a unit designed by a hobbiest for the hobbiest:tt2:......

glad i was able to help you out over the phone............:yeahdude:

Last edited:
30444dea8c98c2943.jpg

So is the flush valve the one in the pic, if so is it closed at the moment.
I have tried it the other way as well and the water comes out quicker!!

then its right

you should have you parcell to correct the issues you having with the puritech unit tommorrow

Hi guys, tried to install mine over the weekend as well ... lol, forgot what comes where:

ok: 3 inputs (2 on the inside, and 1 on the outside).

what are where ?

In side ?
Out side ?
In with the lever ?

Hi guys, tried to install mine over the weekend as well ... lol, forgot what comes where:

ok: 3 inputs (2 on the inside, and 1 on the outside).

I thought my previous post esplained this quite clearly...

If you look carefully, there should be three "connection points" on the membrane housing (that narrower horisontal white tube shown in your first pic, the one below the clear tube with the brown stuff). Two of these connections should come from the left hand side (opposite the screw lid), and one should go through the screw lid. The latter is your water "inlet", entering the membrane housing after being filtered by the two vertical pre filters. On the closed side, the centre-most fitting is your filtered outlet, which should then go to the DI (de-ionisation) resin filter (the clear horisontal tube with the brown stuff). The second outlet on that side of the membrane housing is the waste water outlet.

Just refer back to the photos in the original post to follow the above...

Hennie

I thought my previous post esplained this quite clearly...

Just refer back to the photos in the original post to follow the above...

Hennie

hi Reef Maniac ... well, i read it, and couldnt make sense out. Think I got it.

There is a in sign on the left side, that is the input from the water source. Then, the top outlet section, that is the RO water, and the velve section, the junk water.

as easy as that, correct ?

Back
Top Bottom