Help our friend Sean

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
Hi all, Sean Koekemoer has been threatening to destroy his tank and he was calmed down. Now the big one has hit him between the eyes. His brand new chiller gave in and all that beautifull stuff in his tank is taking strain. His missus just told me the water temp sits on 30 deg and knowing Zululand I can tell you a few more degrees is on the way. I gave her all the advice such as frozen bottles and fans. Please assist!
sweatdrop.gif
sweatdrop.gif
sweatdrop.gif

Where's Sean?

Tell her to keep the aircon in the room on and point all the fans she can find at the tank, open up the door to the fish room so air can circulate.

tell him to come fetch my chiller till his is sorted I have no live stock in my tank....

ps it's the same as his...maybe it was getting too hot in the room for the chiller I hear they need good ventelation...

The chiller was moved outside 2 months ago and had a lot of ventilation since. I just told Alida about your offer and would like to give you a big THANK YOU.

Get a bag of ice from the quickshop. temporary quickfix. Gonna have to monitor closely though

get a fan over the sump. this will cool the water down fast (much like when we sweat), but just watch the water level and keep RO ready to top up. We had a tank running at 32deg and within 2 hours it dropped to 27 using the fan over the water :p

I have to congratulate you SIMS! As I keep on saying - THIS IS WHAT REEFKEEPING IS/SHOULD BE ABOUT! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear Herkie about YET ANOTHER problem Sean is having! GEEZ - I just wish it would stop for the man! Really - please give him our well-wishes and regards - especially ALL the BEST of luck to him/his family!

Sean,
If you read this mate you can see you have a lot of good friends to help you along the way, believe me when i say that i speak for everyone on this forum, that we do not want to lose you or your tank, it has been inspiring reading your tank thread, lets not forget it is our number one most viewed thread.

Good luck fella, keep going, it WILL be ok soon:)

Herkie Sims good on both of you, you guys are a true inspiration, well done:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom