help needed

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Reidwans123, 31 May 2011.

1. Reidwans123

Reidwans123

Hi All

Been around for a while and just had a horrible mishap got called at work being told tank is leaking ,got home and my 1 meter cubed tank cracked on the left side from top to bottom,Dont know how this happened maybe some one can explain how this happens,have buckets with liverock all over lounge,can some one advise where I can have the tank repaired 10 mil glass base has two layers 10 mill glass and the top layer is cracked by my drain holes,can i put another 10 mill glass on top of the inner glas or must i replace both??

Last edited: 31 May 2011
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony

Tony

Where is Bismont. If you have a reefer friend ask them if they canhold the stock for a few days till you can get the tank repaired. Tanks crack for many reasons from the tank not being level, no polystyrene between the tank and stand to poor workmanship. Can you not ask the guys who built the tank to help and maybe post a pic of the tank, stand and the damage so we can possibly point out a problem

4. Reidwans123

Reidwans123 Thread Starter

thanks tony, will try to post pics challenge is I have been running my tank for almost 4 years now,the place is Bosmont near florida area

5. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

we would need a picture to try work out the cause of the breakage and then there is no gaurantee of us identyfying it correctly but 1st things 1st, get you livestock in a stable enviroment to take the pressure off and invesitgate the options of repair.

how old is the tank? were the bulkheads not overtightened (a common mistake), was the stand level? how lon had it been running with water?

there are alot of things to look ts.

Recent Posts