Help needed with filtration

Reaction score
hi all
please see attached pics and let me know if any of these filter media
would have anerobic bacteria or do they all eventully become nitrate factories
i have seen a few lfs using them only and they say thats all they use.
i do have 100 kgs of live rock in my 5 foot tank i'm also going to add caullepra in my last channel

all help will be appriciated

Last edited:
IMG_9623.jpg

IMG_9624.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

IMG_9626.jpg

IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9602.jpg

dude with amount of LR i wouldn't worry about adding anything, maybe a dsb??

rather get cheato instead of calupra its far more efficient at remove motions nutrients and doesn't have the chance of going A sexual

Gig,

I agree with my phat-friend, go DSB and add some cheato. You have a good amount of LR in your tank so i wouldn't add bio balls or sipralex(??) to the sump.

Where are you located Gig?

dude with amount of LR i wouldn't worry about adding anything, maybe a dsb??

rather get cheato instead of calupra its far more efficient at remove motions nutrients and doesn't have the chance of going A sexual

thanks phat
where can i get cheato from

LFS can get away with using these types of media because they do not plan to hold stock for too long. And fish can tolerate higher levels of Nitrate.

all went well today tookout all my filltration changed sump around an made my deep sand bed very fine crushed coral plus abit of play sand and 30kgs of aragonite sugar fine 15 cm all in and i caught my koran angel

gig, what filtration did you have in your sump?? its a bit late now cause if you removed alot you could be heading for trouble

gig, what filtration did you have in your sump?? its a bit late now cause if you removed alot you could be heading for trouble

thanks phat its a new tank 2 weeks old moved over from my 4 foot my old sump cracked thats why i bought new tank stand and sump so when i moved over i put in bio balls and noodles to help out if there was going to be a amonia spike
must say corals look healthier in bigger water volume

I think you made the right choice. No need for any of those funny plastic/ceramic things if you have enough live rock, DSB and chaeto, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom