Help me catch my lobster!!!!

Reaction score
Hi guys I came to realize with a shock that my beloved Debelius Reef Lobster suddenly developed a taste for fish! My Yellow watchmen goby as well as my newly acquired Fire Goby is missing. Please help me catch it as I do not want to completely disturb my tank just to catch it!

Reaction score
YUMMY sushi for dinner:)

ask if weeman has any ideas, he comes up with some good plans, do u know where in the reef he lives, under which rock?

Reaction score
how big is he? i used a beer glass to catch a hairy crab once.. put a piece of fish in the bottom and place it leaning against some rocks near him. he should come out at night, climb in and not be able to get out cos the surface is to slipperly.
just an idea.. not sure if it will work with a lobster tho.. maybe a vase! ;)

Reaction score

ask if weeman has any ideas, he comes up with some good plans, do u know where in the reef he lives, under which rock?
Yes he lives under the rock in the middle of my tank or as far as I know of... He's a quick fella, I tried catching him by lifting the rock but he just darts into other rocks! Thanks Furbz will try the fishtrap idea, but he is quite a good swimmer so I'm not sure if that will work.:(

Reaction score
Well, as Cape Town people would know, make a crayfish trap, and braai dae kreef!:1:

Reaction score
Well, as Cape Town people would know, make a crayfish trap, and braai dae kreef!:1:
Hehe, will need a toothpick to get the meat out of this one!:lol:

Reaction score

I always thought he lived in the UK... :lol:

Reaction score
I don't know what your lobster looks like but are they similar to crayfish in the way they swim. i.e. backwards? If so I have one (crayfish) in my tank and caught him by withholding food and then using a sieve like basket to catch him, with food. My fella is bold at feeding time so comes out of hiding. I put sinking food in basket, into which he went and bobs' your uncle. Pulled up basket to surface with strings and because he swims backwards he couldn't get out. Your problem is that he is eating your fish. Is taking your fish out an option, and in so doing with holding food and then start enticing him into a trap?
Good luck

Reaction score
Have only seen mine swimming forward, don't know about backwards, but will try and set a trap funneling towards the top- hopefully that will do the job! Otherwise I will have to strip the tank of all corals, liferock etc and catch it then.

Reaction score
I have three crabs in my tank that pop out every now and then. Gonna try the glass method. What is the best bait to use?

Reaction score
Hi Rockpool, I guess a piece of raw fish or shrimp would do the trick. Good Luck!

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Ag shame man, he's probably hungry - you must feed him :whistling: :whistling: :lol: