Help.is this white spot??

Discussion in 'Quarantine Tanks, sick fish, QT corals' started by 4age, 22 Feb 2013.

1. 4age

4age

Hi guys..i recently acquired a large regal tang from some1 who left the hobby. The fish was in his system for 4years or so, and was healthy when i got it.

As the fish is about 18cm or so, i did not place in qt as tank is a small tank and i was worried about stressing the regal out...how i regret that now

fish have what i think is white spot..my emperor angel, blue ring angel also covered in it...orange shoulder tang and fox face have hardly any spots on fin and non on body that i can see..clowns have no spots at all...i dropped salinity and added metronidazole as i had some at home...it helped as fish looked better and are all eating...but this morning it looks like it came back with a vengeance...even with low salinity ( +- 1,010)

lost a scopa that i had..fish looked emanciated like it was dried out...was the only fish thats not eating..

here are pics of the angel...cant get decent pic of the regal

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

fish all have clear eyes and are eating well..what should i do? i wont have space in qt for all fish to medicate.

will hyposalinity help? is it immediate or will i have to wait for ich to drop off fish before it helps

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Parraman

Parraman

It doesnt look like white spot to me.
    Maybe fluke?

4. dallasg

dallasg Moderator MASA Contributor

looks more like fungus on angel

5. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

6. 4age

4age Thread Starter

from the angle of the photo the white spot arent evident...fish has some white spots.fish does not appear to be covered in any fungus of sorts...slime layer looks murky and no discoloration of fish..eyes are not cloudy...fish are scraping against substrate tho

7. MistaOrange

MistaOrange

Itch?

8. 4age

4age Thread Starter

thats what im thinking it is..but even with hypo the F@kken ich wont clear up.after how many days in hypo does ich normally start to clear?

9. Lord_Blackadder

Lord_Blackadder

It looks like flukes to me. Angels are particularly prone to them. If you're running your hypo at 1.009 then WS will clear up noticeably over a few days. Hyposalinity doesn't cure flukes though, you'll need to treat with praziquantel. It can be used together with hyposalinity, unlike many other medications.

10. 4age

4age Thread Starter

just got home now..fish looking much better..all eating..im still amazed that the clowns dont have 1 single spot or mark on them

11. ShaunSwindon

ShaunSwindon

I would recommend buying garlic enriched Nori brother and feeding them as much as they will eat. Boost their immune system with some vitamin C and watch the spots dissapear sir :thumbup:

12. 4age

4age Thread Starter

I have some nori n there is garlic paste in fridge...can I soak nori in garlic n feed it? I hav some home made food made of peas, shrimp, ,mussels spirulina powder, vit c n garlic paste blended with gelatin n frozen..reckon it will be just as good then

Recent Posts