HELP! - I'm A DAD

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a dad :)

Just got home and found about 30-40 baby seahorse fry swimming about in my tank.

Have been wanting to move the pregnant males to the nursery but wasn't to sure when to do this, but now know I should have done it yesterday:whistling: .

So I've caught the fry, using a tot glass as to not expose them to the air, and put them in a glass bowl which is now floating in the nursery tank to acclimatise them.

Got some Brine shrimp eggs bubbling in some water for food source.

What else can I do?

PLEASE HELP

Last edited by a moderator:
How long before the brine shrimp hatch? These guys are going to get hungry.

Thanks Guys:thumbup:

Sorry, no advise....but firstly congrats:thumbup: and secondly where the pics

They too small to get a pic of, they about 6-8mm.;)

How long before the brine shrimp hatch? These guys are going to get hungry.

Alan, about 20hrs, But know my LFS has some hatched BBS, will get some in the morning to feed them.

Wish I had started the greenwater and rotifiers last week!:(

Seahorse fry pics

Tried to take some pics, here they are.

Note how big they are compared to the 3mm thick glass!
392488115765762e.jpg

That's absolutely awesome! Best of luck with feeding and raising them.

Thanks guys,

Been feeding them BBS, they seem to be eating it.

just one thing I can't understand is that some float and swim around below the surface?

Any idea?

But they so cute.

LOL, i know the feeling, from when i used to breed discus.

Hi a pal of mine bred seahorse for a couple of years, one thing you must expect is a failure rate of around 90%, she gave up as she hated the losses, but that is nature for you, but if you raise 2 or 4 to adulthood it should be seen as a great success.

congrats dude:) really cool to see, i think a female non reefer would have been slightly better prepared to give birth. Have you posted on other international forums, I am sure there is divce out there for ya....we can only give support LOL

Hi.

Found one dead baby this morning, some are still floating on the surface, which I've read in normal, and the some are swimming around happier than ever.

Back
Top Bottom