Help Anenome Sick Urgent

sorry. i am still new at thi. i didn't check my calcium. i do add calcium + 3 everyweekend

Just Better For Corals If You Keep Your Calsuim Levels Up, Do Get A Test Kit For Calsuim. What Calsuim Do You Use

thanks guys for your help. i am off to sleep and i will report back tomorrow evening.
thans again

This is a very new tank to be adding things like anemones and sponges.

Is your salinity reading right?
Your ammonia reading is very high and may be due to the dying sponge. Remove anything that is dying.
I cannot recall if you are running carbon, but if not you really need to for the next week at least.
Add those lights ASAP.

Im going to agree on Hill with this one. The tanks Parameters are just to unstable. in 1ppm Nitrite fish and Inverts start dying over. Boils down to the fact the tank just issant mature enough to handel the bio-diversity of fish, corals and anenomes. I want to give my condolences for any lifestock lost in the next few weeks.

Lisa,

I am not seeing the black dots. The pictures shows a tint of green on some of the tentacles. Is this just a result of the picture, or can you see this in person? Do you know if this was a wild caught anemone, or was it propagated locally?

I do agree your tank is a bit new for this anemone.

Brenda

i feed him tiny pieces of prawn and occassionally the marine frozen mix which I defrost and rinse before giving it to him
167149ecbe5bdf21e.jpg

mm your amonia and nitrite values worry me.. i would suggest stopping with the feeding untill the anemone take is a little firmer and actually tussels with you for the food when it touches the tentacles.. also beware that the anemone may be spitting out the food and it may be landing behind your rockwork thus contributing to your amm nit and nitrate..

your lighting should be suffiecient enough to allow him to expand but i would advise that you look into hailides for the future..

Crispin,

I'm still seeing the green tint in some of the tentacles in the above pic. This could be the camera or flash that is doing this. However, if it is seen in person, and the anemone was wild caught, I'm wondering if this anemone may have been dyed. This used to happen often here in the US. When an anemone has been dyed, it will have an uneven color pattern as it gets rid of the dye. Unfortunately a dyed anemone rarely survives.

Crispin,

I'm still seeing the green tint in some of the tentacles in the above pic. This could be the camera or flash that is doing this. However, if it is seen in person, and the anemone was wild caught, I'm wondering if this anemone may have been dyed. This used to happen often here in the US. When an anemone has been dyed, it will have an uneven color pattern as it gets rid of the dye. Unfortunately a dyed anemone rarely survives.
the green is even in the tail of the clown fish, think its the flash

my nitrites are 1ppm
nitrates 15 ppm
alkalinity average
amonia .25
ph 8.3
salinity 1.0025

I don't have a phosphate test kit.

i was away over the weekend. I just saw a dead hermit crab inside my sponge and one of my small green chromis is missing.???????????

Water parameters are definitely NOT where they should be, and would be an indication that the tank has not fully cycled yet, and/or that something has died and is decomposing in the tank (the missing chromis???)

I concur that the best you can do at the moment is to do frequent large (20% - 30%) water changes, and to run carbon 24/7 and replacing the carbon every week. I agree that you need better lights for the anemone, but your short-term priority should be to correct the water parameters.

Hennie

Crispin,

Anenome, i agree with the uneven colour pattern, but i think thats a photography issue more than dyed annemone. I should be very surprised it it is dyed.

sorry to play with your words slightly, but id say that a dyed anenome is basically dead from the time its died :)

unfortuantly ive never seen this tank in person and we can only go on what Lisa says, who let it be said, sounds like she has taken a dive into the deep end a little but is treading water well and listening to advise :)

Lisa, i would urge you to try get some time on MASA daily and learn, there is alot that your tank needs you to get your head around and rather quickly, although from the quality of your postings you have been reading alot :)

Back
Top Bottom