Help/Advice/ID needed

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by Habanero, 24 Mar 2013.

1. Habanero

Habanero

Hello Guys/Gals

1st of i am still relatively new to this hobby , with that out of the way let me begin.

I have got an few questions

number one this oak rocked up this morning and i was just wondering if he should be removed
    [​IMG]

then I have these egg type stuff in my tank and was wondering what it could be

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my Lionfish died he was eating fine one day and then he started to float around the top of the tank seldomly feeding here is the pics any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My water parameters are dead on as far as my test kits show so maybe diet was wrong?

Looking forward to your response

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

What did you feed the lionfish?

Top pic might be a fish louse or isopod. When did he show up, after the lionfish died? If yes, then maybe he is the reason the lionfish died

4. Habanero

Habanero Thread Starter

Yes it showed up this morning ad the lion fish died yesterday , I fed him bits of fish bits of calamari or prawns mixed with guppies some times he even got an piece of mussel Oh and he also ate brineshrimp flakes he loved those

5. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

remove that isopod. Most isopods are parasitic. I think it was inside the lionfish gills. And once the fish died it climbed out.

What is the size of it?

6. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

Recent Posts