Hello

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, I have just registered on your cool site.

Reason being, I have a Tinfoil Barb that needs a good home. I have quite a large tank but it's full of Malawi's and I think he is lonely. I read that they prefer to be in groups of 3. He is the about 15cm big already and the Malawi's range from babies to 7 or 8cm so he is not only the only one of his kind but also too big as the other fish like to hide in their caves and plants which he can't fit into. I have had him for a year, his name is Frog. Unless there is an expert out there that can tell me it's ok to keep him and that he is happy??

If there is anyone interested please contact me.

Thanks

Leigh

Reaction score
hey leigh:) welcome to masa.

nice to have you join us, we'll do our best to try convert you over into marines. Barbs are a lovely group of fish, a little nippy at times but always nice when they get to a ripe old age:)

i think there will be anumber of guys that give you good advice on how to keep frog happy, perhaps henk hugo will take the lead?

either way, nice to have you here:)

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Leigh - IF you do not come right here ata MASA, you can always try our sister-site: Tropical Aquariums South Africa

Henk Hugo is the administrator there - and even though he used to keep marines - he just LOVES his bath water tanks and fish! :)

Reaction score
:) hehe that wasnt fast, i think you were lumbering for a whole 4 minutes:) u want to see kanga drink a 6 pack of beer....now THATS fast!

if you go to the top line you will see a blue 'members list' click there and you will gt an alphabetical list of our data base. have a look under h for henk hugo, click his name and send him a pm (private message). I am sure he will help and he is cpt based too:)

Reaction score
also leigh, we have a fresh water section on here, why not post a pic or two of your tanks there?

have you ever thought of going into marines?

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
:) hehe that wasnt fast, i think you were lumbering for a whole 4 minutes:) u want to see kanga drink a 6 pack of beer....now THATS fast!

if you go to the top line you will see a blue 'members list' click there and you will gt an alphabetical list of our data base. have a look under h for henk hugo, click his name and send him a pm (private message). I am sure he will help and he is cpt based too:)

Or Click here to send him one:thumbup: Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Eish its time for a sixpack Crispin, its time:1:

Reaction score
Ok I feel like a bit of a twit now, registering on a marine site and not a tropical site! DUH! haa haa but it's been fun anyway, will check out the tropical one now, thanks guys!
16014980908cee4b5.jpg

Reaction score
Hey!

I just got you over on the FW site :D

I love it when everyone talks about me but no one talks to me :D

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hey!

I just got you over on the FW site :D

I love it when everyone talks about me but no one talks to me :D
Almost like Jacob Zuma and Milosovich:yeahdude:

Reaction score
pffffffffft..... you have my number - btw the glass is being replaced next week :p

back to topic :D