Hello

Reaction score
Howsit peeps

i just thought i would introduce myself on the forum, i currently have a 4FT reef tank that i setup about 6months ago, all is going well with it so far

will post pics soon

cheers

Welcome to MASA Junz! Looking forward to the pics :)
Please tell us more about your system ie. lighting, skimmer, corals, fish etc....

Thanks guys

Tank :1200x450x450
Sump: 800x400x400
TS1 skimmer
Lights: 6 x54w T5

Live stock so far

1 small regal tang
2 chromis
1 maroon clown
1 sixline

corals

Pinkish Zoas
Frogspawn
Pin cushion

as you can see im taking it really slow:)

will post pics today

cheers

Welcome Janade. Sounds like a cool set up. Six months is still fairly young. Looking forward to those pics:)

Welcome to Masa, enjoy your stay with us. I see you have a suncoral and you don't mention it in the list? Hope you feed it at least every 2-3rd day. Every pollyp needs to be fed phytoplankton.

A very WARM WELCOME to MASA Junz! Very glad that you found MASA and joined us!

Sounds like you have QUITE a nice system.
GREAT skimmer though!

What lighting do you have?

Also - just a word of caution - the regal tang becomes quite big, and will MOST likely outgrow your tank, at some stage - believe me - they get HUGE - I have one that's +-20cm in size! Luckily I have a 2 metre tank for it to swim in - even MY tank is too small..... issue here is not the size specifically, but more the case that they need/want a LOT of swimming space, and might become frustrated when it get's bigger. Then it will most likely start stressing, and get white-spot (c. irritans/marine ich), which COULD possibly spread to your other fish, and kill them all.....

Sorry to bring the bad news - I know that's NOT what you want to hear.

But, other than that - AWESOME tank!

im think im just a bit lucky with my maroon clown, hasn't shown any aggression at all, although it decided to host my SEIO pump ( talk about strange )

Keyaam: i started a new thread
Junz Tank - Reef Tanks

thanks for the concern Jacques, i am planning on letting my Regal go once its a bit bigger, unfortunately it was one of the "Suprize, i bought you a little Dory fish" from my girlfriend thats includes the Carnation coral as well

My new cabinet arrived a week ago and it looks great, i also designed a new sump which i hope to have running in 1 weeks time , this will house my DSB, REF and an Algae Scrubber

Thanks for all the kind words

mine isn't aggressive either. hosted in a bunch of fan worms for a while. now it sits on my lr stand pump. odd fellow. bought another one, will collect tomorrow. wanted to try pair them off while they are still small so aggression will be minimal. love how they swim though, little different

Back
Top Bottom