Hello

Reaction score
Hi:wave2:
I started with my first marine tank about 6months ago with some help from a good mate. The tank only has a few fish in now, since i released all my 'pretty' fish so i could have a predator only tank. As much as i love the colours of 'pretty' fish, they dont come close to the individual characters experienced with predator fish, especially my favourite:lionfish. I love lionfish, especially the dwarf species. I have at the moment only one lion, a spotfin lionfish(antenatta something something) and a paper fish. Along with these i have a pair of banded coral shrimp who rule over the tank. As i am still learning the tricks of marine fish keeping, i have preferred not to try my hands at corals yet.
I know i will learn alot here on the forums and hopefully one day be able to help someone else out when i am more experienced, until then..cheers
:peroni: ps..good choice of beer:thumbup:

Welcome to the forum Ace, glad you found us, post some pics of the tank, it sounds great.

Welcome to MASA Aceout!please tell us more about your system,skimmer,LR (type how many kgs),what substrate,lighting..........and pics are a must,we love them :)

Welcome dude, you some great fish there, as said before we demand pics :)

here are a couple pics. Cant get into photobucket due to proxy restrictions, but managed to put a few on facebook, I'll put the links:
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

Oh forgot. I have a skimmer. I was coaxed into buying a Jebo. Not the greatest, but hasn't let me down yet. I Do regular water changes, preferably every fortnight. i have locally brewed liverock..none of the imported stuff. Dunno how many kg's, not a lot. I don't see the point of too much live rock since it makes feeding more difficult for my predators. Just enough for two caves. Got alot more porous type rock in my sump though. Got the skimmer and heater with filter wool too. I have two powerheads although the one i recently bought seems too powerful for my poor lion, not a fan of strong currents, although all the filter feeders on the LR love it. I have two T5 39watt 10000k aqua-medic lights, with one actinic blue flourescent(the cheap kind) for now. I used natural beach sand from ansteys for substrate. I feed live food when necessary, which means gobies and three-fins as well as small shrimp. The three flag-tails are fed flake food whilst my anemone is hand-fed with fresh crayfish scraps(usually the meat from the legs). I have had more than enough headaches with cyano-bacteria, but i think i have found the root cause to be my Ro water. Thats all i can think of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom