Hello to all

Reaction score
Hi All
I live in Durban and am a total beginner to reef keeping.
Are there any monthly meetings that I could attend to meet everyone?
Many thanks
Mark

howsit and welcome!! to the hobby and the site!!
there is a durban reef club!! and you will find all the info you need right here just never hesitate to ask !!
what system are you currently running (if any)

regards

calvin

WELCOME to MASA Mark. I am in Cape Town, so unfortunately I cannot help you directly. We will have to wait for Mekaeel, Alan, Viper (Dean) to come over to this thread and answer your question.

While you are waiting, please go and have browse at the links in Hennie's (Reef Maniac) forum/thread:
Handy links - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

Please ask as many questions as you can, and learn a LOT before you start buying marine stuff..

Do you have a tank already? Or not? If so, could you please post some pictures of everything in, on and around your tank (including technical specifications, hard-ware, etc)..

Here's how to post pictures:
Posting pics using photobucket - Marine Aquariums of South Africa

just to add
if you do not have a setup at the moment due do financial issues there is a needy reefer thread where variouse bits of equipment and live stock will be avalible from time to time free of cost

Arrggh Cappy, Welcome to MASA. There is the Durban Reef Club which meets monthly.
Else you can just ask as many questions as you need here.

Welcome Mr Sparrow,
Feel free to ask any questions - no matter how daft you might think they are - do you know what you want to achieve yet? if not have a look round the members tank spec section and see if anything grabs your attention.

Welcome to the forum Jack :)

Alan runs the Durban Reef Club, pretty sure he will pop in shortly and fill you in.

Thanks

Hey Guys, thanks for all the welcome postings!
I don't have a tank at the moment, so have no idea where to start and was hoping to learn as much as possible before purchasing, I am in no rush!
My other hobbies include freediving and fishing, and these have sparked an interest in keeping a tank!
I am looking forward to meeting everyone!
Cheers Mark

You at the right place. Check out the new members & beginners forums. this was where I started. You will get all the advice you need from all the gurus on this forum.

Welcome to MASA Captain Jack sparrow!hows the Black Pearl doing? lol

welcometomasa Cpt Jack

your on the right track, you found MASA and you doing research before you buy.

Ask Ask and ask again, we all love answering questions when we can

Hi Hi captain, welcome to MASA - You better sell your ship now, this site and your new tank will keep you too busy to go hunt for treasures.

Welcome Cpt Jack Sparrow :D

Hi CJS, add my welcome to above. We do have monthly meetings on the last thursday of every month, will keep everybody updated as to where and when the next one is.

Back
Top Bottom