Hello from new REEFER

Reaction score
Hi everyone just wanted to say hi.
I am new to saltwater and reefing but having a blast so far.

I am running an all new 200 litre Rehau tank for just over six weeks now and still learning everyday, things are happening faster than I'm learning though.

I added about ten different snail's a fire Shrimp ,electric blue Hermit , yellowtail blennie, yellowtail Damsel and two oscellaris.

Im worried that I might be moving a bit fast as I'm getting a slimy white algae outbreak on my middle top rock mainly.

Anyway here's a pic of the tank.

1453837399955-1045976024.jpg

EFJ

Reaction score
welcometomasa

The slimy algae is ten to one because of the sudden large bio load added. Generally you would first add a clean-up crew to your new setup (snails, crabs, shrimps etc.). Also being a new tank try not adding too much livestock at once. Try adding 2 fish per 2 weeks or so, this helps to keep the mini cycle as small as possible. Also try too keep a few fish for the first month or two before adding more, this will give you some time to get use to the husbandry requirements for reefing. And last but not least, ENJOY THE ADDICTION.:tt2:

Reaction score
Thanks guys

I am surely gonna take it slow now plan on doing a good clean and about a 15% water change today and a new sock.

In my sump I've got Seachem matrix as well as a bag of seagel then I also have a reactor with some matrix and Rox.
I have also been dosing with red Sea Reef Foundation A B C.

Oh and will go do a full Water Test today as well.

tekkengal

Reaction score
masahello

You are off to a good start, hope it continues and you have lots of fun in the process! Enjoy! :)

RossK

Shrimp
Reaction score
Welcome to MASA. You will have a blast with this. Don't let the little hiccups get you down, patience pays off at the end...

r0ckf1re

Regal Tang
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice setup.

The hardest thing I think I have to do is wait to stock my tank.