Hello from Dave A

Reaction score
Hi everyone :wave2:

I'm normally not one to make these new member posts, but you might note that at this stage my Aquarium is "none yet", so perhaps some explanation is warranted.

The short answer is "You can blame it on Alan." And in a way that's the long answer too.

Alan and I are business partners and it was him that got me to start a business forum site about a year ago. Basically, I'm kinda p'd at some aspects of the regulatory environment business is expected to operate under in South Africa - a forum site seemed like a good idea to try to make a difference. Boring stuff if you're not a business owner or manager but just in case you do happen to feel like talking about business stuff, the site is The Forum SA.

Anyhow, setting that site up was a real learning curve, but I climbed it.

So now being kinda familiar with some of the more technical aspects of a vB forum site, guess what were the first words out of Alan's mouth to me this Monday morning - "Please take a look at this site we've just set up." I don't think he'd slept much for 48 hours so how could I refuse.

And the rest is history.

By the way, apparently Alan does have plans to set up a tank at our offices, and he assures me that if I behave, I'll be able to "claim" it as mine around here. I'm not sure about this - I think by "behave" he means "clean it and do the water changes."

pssst. Don't tell Alan, but ever since I saw his tank, there's been a leeetil bug that's been biting every now and then anyway....

Hey Dave welcome again :)

The Forum SA is a great site and encourage bussiness owners to go and take a look, some useful info there.

As far as that Marine Bug goes... Careful it's quite contagious.. :lol:

The Forum SA is a great site and encourage bussiness owners to go and take a look, some useful info there.
Thanks DragonReef. We aim to please... But still a long way to go before I get it to what I want one day.

I must say I'm really impressed with this site though. This is one hot start for a new forum. And it's great to see such passionate people.
As far as that Marine Bug goes... Careful it's quite contagious.. :lol:
Thanks for the warning, but I've got to know Alan quite well. It's pretty obvious :001:

Welcome Dave.

Love your and alan's forum too. well done. small wonder you are interested in tanks.

masahello

lol, well no-ones perfect.... especially this late in the day

i try and read all the new posts, never know when i might be able to help
that and got a monitor dedicated to masa

i got 3 monitors on my desk, one i work on directly, other for email and browsers for development, and the 3rd for masa :)

i am an addict

Lol dallas. A seperate monitor is a bit excessive :p

PS: So is it the middle monitor?

nope, middle monitor is for work :(

i balance work and play :) the joys of being in IT if you typing and staring and reading they think you busy, so i suppose this is a bad time to say i am looking for another job :)

besides someone might need help and maybe i can actually help :) :yeahdude:

Back
Top Bottom