Hello everyone, I'm a newbee

Discussion in 'New Members' started by Imperfectangel, 15 Nov 2012.

1. Imperfectangel

Imperfectangel

Hi all, I'm a marine beginner. Although I've been a fresh water hobbiest for many years, I just started my marine hobby a little over 3 weeks ago. Allow me to share a little story with you...about 2 mos back I was shopping a local used furniture store looking for a nice solid wood desk when I saw this hexagon tank just sitting there beckoning me to come take a closer look. Long story short, I brought it, took it home, inspected it, filled it with water (no leaks), washed it, and filled it again just to be extra sure. After I was convince the tank was solid, I decided it was time to start my salt water set up. I found a local store that specialized in marine acquariums, brought what was suggested to start the cycling process, came home, and set up the tank. Tank ran for a two weeks with no issues....until last Saturday. I get a call at work from my grand daughter who tells me that the water from the tank is all over the floor! I rushed home to find my grand daughter, the towel she was using to plug the leak soaked, and 30g of the 40g of water all over my dining room carpet!

Lesson learned, never buy a used tank...at least if you plan on putting water in it. I am now in the process of waiting on my new 47g coloum 20x18x30 tank to arrive. Since the new tank is more tall than wide, I was thinking of a way I could aquascape it vertically. I've read some of the threads about this but I'm still not quite sure how this is done.

How are the holes drilled into the rock? What is used for weight as a base to support the PVC? Does anyone have pictures of a vertical aquascape they could share?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

Last edited: 15 Nov 2012
  4. crispin

crispin

welcome to masa, great to have you join.

sorry to hear about the wet floors, but nice to know you are sticking to your dream of getting a marine tank running:)

ps did you get that table?

5. Jinx

Jinx

Welcome to Masa

6. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

:welcomewave: From one newbee to another! I hope I never become an oldie! :p have fun in here, read lots and research, most of all be patient until you become old.:biggrin:

7. Ayoob

Ayoob

welcometomasa

8. eibli

eibli

Welcome to MASA !!!!! Second lesson: never put an aquarium on a wooden base!!

Recent Posts