Hello All

Discussion in 'New Members' started by GStar, 28 Sep 2013.

1. GStar

GStar

Good Day All

I am new to the site so still finding my way around. I have been interested in the hobby of keeping aquarium fish since I was young. Started with the usual goldfish then tropical fish and then basic marine fish. I then stopped the hobby for a while due to business travels. I am now ready to go back into my hobby full time. I recently bought my own home and have a huge area that I want a custom built aquarium installed.

I have been doing some research, but I am struggling to find a excellent acrylic aquarium builder in Cape Town. I am now looking at importing an aquarium from overseas as no one in S.A can assist me with a dimensions I need. Tank size: 14m (L) x 2.5m (W) x 3m (H).

So if there's anyone that can assist me, please let me know. I'm also looking for a good stockist of quality marine fish and live corals/rocks. I know of Sams, but will never purchase by him EVER again. I have been to Elite aquariums, Northern Aquatics, Aqua H2O, Aquatic Pet City, Exotic Reef Aquarium, Panorama Pets and Palau Design Lab. O yes, and Hartlands Aquatics, is there any other place I can go to?

Any feedback will be appreciated. Email me on lee1gw@gmail.com

Thanks All

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Hammerhead

Hammerhead

Hi and welcome, thats a monster u planning, hope you will keep us well informed of this monster build.

4. GStar

GStar Thread Starter

Any advice?

Always open to sharing progress. But still need alternatives if anyone can assist.

5. CapeReefer

CapeReefer

Welcome to Masa. There are some great sponsors here that can help you.

6. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Hi , you can pop in to us anytime - a large variety of dry stock and a huge variety of Live stock.

Tks
    David

7. GStar

GStar Thread Starter

Thank you

Thanks David. Which Perky pets are you at. Would love to see if you folks can assist. I went to perky pets in Diep River about 2 months ago and one of the sales assistants there said they cannot assist me with what I needed, however they referred me to Elite Aquariums in Fish Hoek.

8. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Hi , only Head office does sales of Marine.

You could have spoken to Shaheen , as i would have remembered that question...
    If its the Acrillic 14 meter job your asking about - we cant help , but you asked about livestock on this thread ?

( I'm also looking for a good stockist of quality marine fish and live corals/rocks. I know of Sams, but will never purchase by him EVER again. I have been to Elite aquariums, Northern Aquatics, Aqua H2O, Aquatic Pet City, Exotic Reef Aquarium, Panorama Pets and Palau Design Lab. O yes, and Hartlands Aquatics, is there any other place I can go to? )

Fish and coral and equipment, we can help with that , but try chat to two oceans for the tank, they have had allot of acrillic work done for themselves so they may have a contact person / company for you.

You would have to import the panels as" break bulk " through a clearing agent ect and assembled here.
    D

Last edited by a moderator: 29 Sep 2013
  9. GStar

GStar Thread Starter

D

David, thanks for the advice. Was considering Two Oceans, will make a turn there in the week sometime. As for the panels I do have a contact in the States that has confirmed panels and installation for me. All I need is equipment and livestock, but if Two Oceans can assist and it works out a little cheaper, then I'll definitely do that.

Once again, thanks D.

10. Perky Pets

Perky Pets Sponsor

Great , pop in when u ready or need quotes on dry or livestock

11. HOT SAUCE

HOT SAUCE

hi and :welcometomasa2: to MASA @GStar

you are planing a supper tank mate and I will follow your build with great interest.. what are your plans for filtration and lights? water changes?

I just calculated that you tank will have a surface area of 35sqm which is the size of my house .. oh my word that's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
Recent Posts