Heaters

Storm

Chromis
Reaction score
Does anyone know why a heater would shock a person when touching the water? or even explode. Reason im asking is i get shocked now and then when the heater turns on, its not bad but it does have a kick to it. Ive had one heater explode a while back, not wanting to have the same thing happening again, especially if im working on the tank one day...

Storm

Chromis
Reaction score
Yea im gonna replace, just asking since its only a few months old ;/. Oh well will have to keep till next weekend when i can replace it.

shrimp

Hermit Crab
Reaction score
may I suggest you buy a name brand (like Jager for example), I have had no problems with them in past ..

HenkHugo

Copperband
Reaction score
i only use Jager heaters. A friend of mine's got stuck and cooked his fish... jager replace everything in his tank

irshaad

Shrimp
Reaction score
I shocked myself as well, but that was due to using a cool AquaH20 heater with water level switch and electronic temp reading/setting which was meant for FRESHWATER only. I sumhow missed that warning on the Box...

Warr7207

Moorish Idol
Reaction score
i only use Jager heaters. A friend of mine's got stuck and cooked his fish... jager replace everything in his tank
Yip agree with Henk, never given a day's shit. I am also of the opinion of running multiple heaters so they don't have to work too hard :)