Heaters During Loadshedding

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm totally upset. This will be my first weekend away from home since I set up my reef tank and I'm freaking out because Eskom decided to start with loadshedding this weekend, in the middle of winter. I thought I was prepared, but I suddenly remembered something: it's cold!

So I have an airstone in my QT connected to a UPS and my wakemaker in the display tank also connected to it. Together they could last up to 10 hours on this UPS.

But the ambient temperature in the room where the tanks are is 18 degrees celcius. Loadshedding usually lasts about 2 and a half hours. Should I start worrying the temperate of the tank or will it not drop that fast?

Display tank: 60 Litres
Quarantine tank: 30 Litres

Thanks guys!

It will not drop that fast. If worried, wrap the tank with a blanket around it. Your tank is small enough. Leave the top open for gas exchange.

Small tank cools down quickly. You can try and hook up your heater as well but it will drain your batteries very quickly.

if your geyser still has hot water could you not just put some water in small plastic bag and place in heater compartment/sump as makeshift plan?

if your geyser still has hot water could you not just put some water in small plastic bag and place in heater compartment/sump as makeshift plan?
If your pump still run will be pointles getting the sump water warm and its not flowing to the tank. But it sounds like a plan just make sure the water dont leak out.

Back
Top Bottom