Has the world finally gone mad?

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
The world has finally gone mad
WELLINGTON (AFP) - The New Zealand inventor of a worm-driven composting toilet has flushed away concerns from bureaucrats that the system traumatised the wriggly creatures, local media reported Sunday.

Coll Bell, who built the "wormorator" as an alternative to septic tanks, was asked to get an expert's report on its mental impact on the tiger worms after an official became concerned during a site visit, the Sunday Star Times said.

"She felt that the worms were being unfairly treated, being expected to deal with human faeces, and that it could affect them in a psychological way," Bell told the newspaper.

"I said, 'Well, what do I do about that?' and she said, 'You have to have someone with the necessary qualifications to say the worms are happy'."

In Bell's invention, a colony of worms filters solids from the toilet waste and the leftover water is filtered into underground trenches.

The Auckland Regional Council's concerns went down the pan after vermiculture consultant Patricia Naidu found the worms in excellent health and breeding happily.

A council spokeswoman told the newspaper the worm worries were justified because the system was going to be used at a campground, where sewage flowed heavily for two weeks each year, with little during the rest of the year.

You couldn't make it up, honestly "the psychological impact" it beggars belief that this person could hold such an important job.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hows this then, i posted this on a u/k forum i use, here is one of the replies;-

work on the motorways and we recently had reports in where a new overbridge is being built, someone had to design a heated and LED lighted Worm Tunnel for the worms to safely get under the overbridge without fear of being squished.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
You've seriously gotta be kidding me!!!
Viper, i spat my tea out when i was reading it this morning, i read it out to the people in the office, everyone was falling about laughing - it is classic - in your wildest dreams you could not make this up.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Hows this then, i posted this on a u/k forum i use, here is one of the replies;-

work on the motorways and we recently had reports in where a new overbridge is being built, someone had to design a heated and LED lighted Worm Tunnel for the worms to safely get under the overbridge without fear of being squished.
And I thought the U.S. was bonkers. Although the UK is not too far behind, I mean why not allow people to walk near train lines?

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Nah this cant be true, nobody is that stupid...........surely not.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score

moz

Reaction score
Next they are going to start worrying about the feelings of the roads we drive on, or maybe just virus' and bacteria that get cured

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
April fools is in April okes. :D:D

Reaction score
Maybe she just wanted to feel important. We have lots just like her right here in SA.

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe she just wanted to feel important. We have lots just like her right here in SA.

what next, the insects feeling with bug spray, housemites feelings or even more absurd, womans feelings, nah we have to stop this.:whistling:

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Kanga, I don't know if you're brave or stupid, but I hope you can run fast :rofl:

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
OMG and WTF. Are people really that stupid ? Worms with feeling ?
Fantastic isn't it, i nealr fell off my chair when i was reading it, the woman clearly feels she needs to "up" her job a bit, just to feel important.:lol: