Has anyone seen these Tangs locally ?

moz

Reaction score
Never seen either, but according to an article by Bob Fenner, the Whitecheek Tang has a very low aquarium survival rate.

Reaction score
The Mauritian Regal and Powder brown are quite regular. Or at least they used to be. NP had a MR in their shop about a week ago.

Reaction score
We can get the Yellow Belly Regal tang her in Kby, but people are not willing to pay the R100 bucks more. They are a little bit more expensive to import.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
The 2nd tang is the Japonicus tang. It is also called the Japan tang. And yes - I have seen them, but not TOO often.....
The guys have covered the 1st one ;-) (and yes, I have seen them too in Cape Town LFS's)....

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
When you say locally do you mean at our local LFS or in our oceans when diving?

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Alan - I have seen the Yellow Tail Regal tang in both southern Moz (Ponto do Ouro/Malongane) reefs as well as at Sodwana while diving. I have actually seen them in the local LFS here in Cape Town as well, which supposedly comes with imports from Bali/Singapore.

The Japan tang I have only seen locally in LFS's in Cape Town. Cannot remember ever seeing them while diving here. Not even when diving at Seychelles....

Al

Reaction score
Very nice fish.

Mekaeel, they come in the Kenya and i think the Singapore shipment.

Reaction score
Know that I know there is a differance I think mine is a Blue and Yellow Hippo Tang and not a Regal? What you think?

392489176bef19d7.jpg

Really bad pic, but he does have a bit of a yellow belly, but I have noticed that he does change colour slighty sometimes :whistling: