harlequin shrimp

Reaction score
hello everyone my tank size 1800x600x600 lot of rocks sump of 200l
Notice that star fishes (little white one ) are slowly increasing in numbers not that is worrying at the moment. Found out that harlequin shrimp is the best antidote against star fish, but I do not know if hi she
will survive with fishes I have in tank
Fish in tank; 2 clown fish, 2picasso clown, 3 dart fish,3 cardinal,3 yellow wrasse, 1 cleaner wrasse,1 leopard wrasse,1 royal gramma,1 powder brown tang,1 copperband,1 flameback angel,1coral beauty,1cleaner wrasse.
My question is, will shrimp be safe in tank

Yes, but it will eat thru the starfish in no time and starve.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I understand but I still got sump with lot of stars there, so I will just have pick them and drop in main tank. At the moment I do not see shrimp I hope is hiding some where

You will run out of stars in your sump in matter of days, they eat them very quickly, you need to have a permanent source of food for them, or loan them to someone else, otherwise they will starve

hello everyone my tank size 1800x600x600 lot of rocks sump of 200l
Notice that star fishes (little white one ) are slowly increasing in numbers not that is worrying at the moment. Found out that harlequin shrimp is the best antidote against star fish, but I do not know if hi she
will survive with fishes I have in tank
Fish in tank; 2 clown fish, 2picasso clown, 3 dart fish,3 cardinal,3 yellow wrasse, 1 cleaner wrasse,1 leopard wrasse,1 royal gramma,1 powder brown tang,1 copperband,1 flameback angel,1coral beauty,1cleaner wrasse.
My question is, will shrimp be safe in tank

It will survive with other fish as it is peaceful, however when you run out you with need to buy more. With your Red/Blue starfish you can feed one shrimp one leg a week. Speak to Sheldon from Marine Aquatics he had some over the weekend and will give you good advice on how to take care & feed these beautiful creatures..

In a previous setup I had zillions of asterina starfish. It was a 750L display. I bought 2 harlequins shrimps, mated pair. They went through the asterina population within 2 months. I sold the harlequins off to a fellow reefer.

The problem with 2 is that they do not hunt together. At night they cruise around looking for food on their own. OK, not far from each other.

As long as you understand that you have to either find a lot of food for them, or are willing to sell them to someone else, maybe one day buy them back. Then its OK to get one. A pair will only go through the available starfish way to quickly.

Back
Top Bottom