• If you are a related business or shop and wish to advertise on this forum and our facebook group then please send an email to admin@marineaquariumsa.com or use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Cost is R1500.00 for 6 months sponsorship.

Harlequin Shrimp wanted

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a BUNCH of annoying star fish that must be dealt with...
They're eating all my Zoas.. :-(

So I've decided to go with a Harlequin shrimp.

I have a extra small tank setup to breed extra star fish - for the day that everything is consumed in the main tank...

So if anyone can assist - please let me know!

thanks

Just a thought, but perhaps speak to an LFS about purchasing a harlequin with the option to bring him back once the starfish are sorted with a refund less a small percentage of the purchase price?
When they small they don't eat too much but as they get bigger so does their appetite. Mine is pretty much full grown and will consume 1 a day. hey eat just the "feet" of the starfish.
It's not a problem for me as I live at the coast but can imagine it would work out fairly pricey to keep alive inland as I doubt you would be able to keep up with its needs if you breeding starfish unless you have a fairly large breeding tank.

Hi,
The rate that they breed in my smaller tank, as well as my big tank is surprisingly fast...
I can always sell it once I see my stocks are running low.

I had a pair of harlequins that took care of my asterina starfish population within a very short time. I had to sell them to another home where they can get more food.

If you get one, or a pair, keep in mind that they can and will run out of food. And either you have to sell them or get starfish for them.

Idol Marine had 1 a week ago

Thanks.
Will ask them...

I'm keeping a separate tank with these stars in - for a food source.
If that doesn't work, I will def sell it again.

Back
Top Bottom