Hang height of light fitting above top of tank?

Reaction score
Hey

Can anyone please give me some advice on the hang height of the light fitting on top of my tank?

The light is 1800mm with 3X150MH ect...
My tank is 1600mm wide, and we want to suspend the light above the tank (do not have a cover, still considering whether i should get a cover or not)

So the question how high above the water must the light fitting be?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi Lemar - I would say +-40cm minimum....
I have mine +- 40cm from the water surface...
thanks jacquesb, appreciate the advice

Reaction score
Noisy MH lights

Ok so the light is up, we were aiming for 30cm, but now its 26cm. Hopefully it will be fine.
Just one thing, are the MH's suppose to make so much noise? We have the tank in our living area, and the it's really an annoying sound? is this normal?

Reaction score
Just one thing, are the MH's suppose to make so much noise? We have the tank in our living area, and the it's really an annoying sound? is this normal?
I found mine did for the first few days. I am sitting next to the tank at the moment and I can not hear it. It is only a single 150 though.

Reaction score
I found mine did for the first few days. I am sitting next to the tank at the moment and I can not hear it. It is only a single 150 though.
thanks ross, I really do hope it will become silent soon. Does'nt help spending RRR's on silent pumps ect, and then the light sounds like a helicopter engine...