Hammerhead's 4ft adventure

Reaction score
So back in October 2014 I shut down my tank as it was set up at my folk's place when I lived there, maintenance was becoming an issue as I could not afford the tank the time it needed, needless to say it suffered. Here's my old thread.

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/threads/hammerheads-new-tank-build.29907/

After signing up our new flat I realised the existing tank was going to be too big so I sold it to Mayhem who transformed it into a masterpiece.

Once settled into our new flat, the opportunity to build a new tank presented itself and having kept most of my equipment it would mean I didn't need to outlay as much capital to start up.

I managed to convince my better half on a decent size tank even though I new I was overreaching for our small flat. Well the reefer in me took advantage of her generosity and built a 1200x650w x 550 h tank. A mere 100mm smaller than my ex tank and also a bit shallower. It does look a bit out of scale for our small flat but I'm sure it will grow on us.

The tank will have a side overflow with a riaanp soil vent valve overflow.

Still have a fair bit to do before I get it wet. Inspiration for the white design was from the RSM and also AeroEng, Quaiser and Mournewills build threads. Will update as we go along but its going to be a slow journey.

20160212_162521.jpg

Tanks in white does look good.
Nicely done.

Looking really nice , was chatting to my niece they other. Asked her hows your vrou , she said she is no longer teaching ...

Managed to score a Yellow Tang, Regal and a pair of common clowns from a fellow reefer who is shutting down. Also added a few kgs of live rock to seed the tank and provide some refuge for the skittish fish which kind of threw my scape off. Thankfully the fish are in good health. Will remove rock a little at a time as I add corals.

Also got a bubble tip and a few leathers hanging on to dear life. I'm taking a gamble with the nennie as my tank is so new but with a little tlc I'm sure it will recover.

tops bud
lol I also in search of a yellow tang and a regal tang , dam u lucky

Back
Top Bottom