Hammer Coral Help

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know what the chances of recovery are here? New to euphylia, what can I expect to see going further?

3 of the 5 heads seem empty. Will they grow back? Should I cut the skeleton off the heads that are healthy?

Attachments

• EB0FEA9A-140A-4915-A758-B5DE501A8290.jpeg
    EB0FEA9A-140A-4915-A758-B5DE501A8290.jpeg
    63.9 KB · Views: 58
Hi Brad, unless you've removed or mitigated the issue, it is possible to lose more heads. This could be due to any or a combinations of many different factors. If any living tissue remains in the affected heads, they could recover if conditions are favourable. If there is no tissue left, they're goners. The two heads on the right don't look in great shape either, so it may be a good idea to get to the bottom of the problem ASAP.

Any observable things in the tank like fish, flatworms, algae,, other corals etc. that may be causing an issue? How long have you had the coral in your tank?
Age of tank
Salinity
Temp
dKH
Lighting (too little/too much?)
NO3
PO4
Ca
Mg
are parameters worth checking (usually in that order, in my opinion)...

How are things this morning? Any change from your first post?

Hey guys, so it happened in someone else’s tank while I was setting up mine. Their tank is tip top, but he tank they came from was dodgy. I believe that they got used to very high nutrients and that the heads jumped off when they were placed where they were. The other two heads look like this:

Attachments

• 8F530778-70C7-4BED-8CDC-CEC08C3B3A41.jpeg
    8F530778-70C7-4BED-8CDC-CEC08C3B3A41.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom