HAILEA HC 500 chiller

Alan

Admin
Reaction score
Does anybody have a chiller like this? Mine has come up with an error reading P2. I dont have a manual for this piece of equipment and need to find out what the P2 means. It is the Hailea style chiller and not the Aqua Medic Hailea chillers. Thanks everyone.

Reaction score
I have a HC500. Unfortunately (or should I say fortunately for me...) I've never encountered that error message.

I do know that they were originally sold with a really crappy ceramic thermometer sensor which gave wrong readings, or just packed up within a few weeks. The importers were sent a batch of titanium replacement probes, and as far as I know any owner of a HC500 can get a replacement free of charge - you just need to ask...

Not sure if this could give that error message, though...

Hennie

Reaction score
This may be stating the obvious, but have you tried looking for the manual with GOOGLE.

Mekaeel

Reaction score
I do know that they were originally sold with a really crappy ceramic thermometer sensor which gave wrong readings, or just packed up within a few weeks. The importers were sent a batch of titanium replacement probes, and as far as I know any owner of a HC500 can get a replacement free of charge - you just need to ask...

Hennie
exactly the problem i had.my chiller worked well for a few weeks and there after running contiouesly showing high temps, until the titanium thermo probe arrived and fitted.never had problems since

Reaction score
This may be stating the obvious, but have you tried looking for the manual with GOOGLE.
dude i did and nothing hey:(

Reaction score
Reaction score
exactly the problem i had.my chiller worked well for a few weeks and there after running contiouesly showing high temps, until the titanium thermo probe arrived and fitted.never had problems since
Hallo Mekaeel, my Hailea HC-1000BH chiller is now doing the same. Where did you get the replacement thermo probe from?

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hallo Mekaeel, my Hailea HC-1000BH chiller is now doing the same. Where did you get the replacement thermo probe from?
Howzit Gerrit. I bought my chiller from Marco about 5 years back. I got him to organize the probe for me. Drop him a pm, im sure he will help you out. ;)

Reaction score
The importers were sent a batch of titanium replacement probes, and as far as I know any owner of a HC500 can get a replacement free of charge - you just need to ask...
Just to clarify - the importer/wholesaler is Exotic Aquariums in Boksburg north... give them a call.

Hennie

Reaction score
Howzit Gerrit. I bought my chiller from Marco about 5 years back. I got him to organize the probe for me. Drop him a pm, im sure he will help you out. ;)
Just to clarify - the importer/wholesaler is Exotic Aquariums in Boksburg north... give them a call.

Hennie
Thanks Mekaeel and Hennie, I will give Adam a call first. If I don't come right there, I will contact Marco. :thumbup:

Gerrit