H0nda's Tank Update

Hi Tobes, yes, I realise this, but the LFS built it this way and I didnt have much option to rebuild it. I have plenty of room for LR in the sump which I believe to also be an excellent source of filtration. So have run the tank since Oct with no problems.
Pod life is pretty good throughout the whole sump, so they seem to be happy.

Tank looks very nice :)

There is only one thing that might not work, and that is the DSB - way too small for it to be effective :(

Some planned updates:
Will be re-scaping soon with the help of some Pratley putty to make some awesome overhangs, bridges and hide-aways.
Am also going to try get some more LR and will also try get another pump to keep things moving in the DT.
I am going to be trading my beautiful Regal in as he is pretty big and fat and is like a labrador at feeding time. He plays connect the dots with the food and pretty much bumps all the other fish out the way in the quest to eat everything before it touches the ground:)
Also have to trade my one Orange Spot Goby (I have 2) and the larger of the 2, completely bullies the smaller 1. Won't let him leave his hole. So I will take him in and try get some more anthias or 2 very small regals. Perhaps even a Yellow tang if on offer.
I prefer my fish to be very small when I get them so they grow into the tank.

Quick question? I have an overgrowth of thin fan worms (the thin brown type) throughout my sump and around my rock. I usually have to remove the rocks and scrub them down every 2-3 months, as they tend to just keep reproducing.
Is there some fish that will eat these?

Hi Dane, you don't understand - they overrun the rockwork that they occupy and even embed themselves under my leathers skin. There are so many they form thick clumps and I can just pull large portions out by hand. If there is a fish to eat them, it'll have a field day.

why remove them? They make good little cleaners...

Oh sorry, thought it was in your sump only - or are you keeping leathers in your sump too?

But I can understand how anything can become a pest. Wish I was closer so i could take some off your hands... ;-) Is there perhaps a wrasse of sorts that might snack on them?

But I am beyond my knowledge now, bowing out for the experts ;-)

Hi Dane, they're in the sump as well as DT. They're a nuisance, but you should see u have 2 awesome red tube worms that have somehow managed to breed. My sump is filled with over a hundred tiny little red tube works. They are growing nicely, and when big enough won't mind sending some down. There's so many it's a joke. The have tiny white hardshelled bodies and little red feather heads. Look awesome.
Will post some pics when I update.
Cheers

Oh sorry, thought it was in your sump only - or are you keeping leathers in your sump too?

But I can understand how anything can become a pest. Wish I was closer so i could take some off your hands... ;-) Is there perhaps a wrasse of sorts that might snack on them?

But I am beyond my knowledge now, bowing out for the experts ;-)

I like your scaping honda! Its definitly my type of scaping ;) congrats, pity you are pulling it down, hope you manage to improve what you are intending to :) Are you in the same boat as i was with never spending money on corals but fish instead? :D

A butterfly will hammer them. But it might hammer corals aswell if you give it the chance. So maybe now while you dont have as many corals you can put one in to eat the fan worms. You can use a catchbox later to catch it without much stress to it, it would be good to have someone ready to take it off your hands before you do get one though.

Back
Top Bottom