Guru Suggestion

Reaction score
I notice we have gurus covering most sections of marines :thumbup:

There is one section I would love to see have a guru - Lighting

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Great idea, do you have anyone in mind? you may want to pm that to me - just in case, i'd rather not embarrass anyone into doing a job they have no time for.

Reaction score
Great idea, do you have anyone in mind? you may want to pm that to me - just in case, i'd rather not embarrass anyone into doing a job they have no time for.
Check out the tanks of the members and see which one has the most interesting lighting :p

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Check out the tanks of the members and see which one has the most interesting lighting :p
But will the most interesting lighting actually be the best lighting, i think the person best qualified would be one that totally understands the concepts of how the lighting can affect the tank and it's contents.

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Also what lighting works best for what - best kelvin ratings for growth and colour etc, and combinations - even brand names as most guys/beginners don't know what quality tubes/bulbs they're getting.

Reaction score
I would love to get Sanjay Joshi, but I reckon he is a little busy.

I would suggest anyone interested in taking it on, I think you need to have an aptitude to it.

All the spectrum analysis, light field, lateral lines, kelvin ratings, colours etc. confuses me terribly.

Reaction score
But will the most interesting lighting actually be the best lighting, i think the person best qualified would be one that totally understands the concepts of how the lighting can affect the tank and it's contents.
That is what I meant

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
I would love to get Sanjay Joshi, but I reckon he is a little busy.
I emailed him on the 5th April last year, he replied on the 9th June (2 months later)...
Dean;

Sorry for the late reply.

As you have probably noticed that in spite on being around for a long time, I have not hosted or currently host any forums on any of the reef boards. Its not because of lack of people asking me to do so, but its more a matter of lack of time on my part. I don't think I have the time to devote to it.

I will how ever be happy to answer any reasonable lighting questions once in a while on your forum.. or an even better idea would be for you to drop me a line asking me to respond to a lighting question that is beyond the scope of the expertise on your board.

Happy reefing.. looks like you have nice board and a good friendly community.

sanjay.
Anybody else you know of I would be more than willing to email them.

dallasg

Reaction score
what about a lighting guy from a hydroponics center, or voltex lighting

i am willing to learn, and learning every day, but still a newb

what about the guy who writes for advanced aquarist lighting

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Please don't name names, if you have a suggestion pm it to one of the mods / help team

dallasg

Reaction score
sorry, whose name did i mention?