gsp on sandbed in dt?

Discussion in 'Boyu TL450 and TL550 advice' started by Charl_Stanhope, 27 Apr 2011.

1. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

hey guys

Thanks for all the help so far.

I currently got green star polyps on my sandbed. theyve been there for a week. Can I leave them there or must they go onto a rock. Ive heard and read that they tend to overgrow everything when you put them on rocks, so thats why I thought of putting them on my sandbed. Another thing im worried about is maybe itll collect crap and detris under the colony that'll be bad for water quality.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. FransSny

FransSny

Howzit Charl,

If you say on your sandbed....do you mean its unattached ? I would rather glue it to a piece of LR , you can then put that in a space where it cant overgrow the rest of your LR.

If you dont have a piece give me a shout , I have some small pieces lying around

4. Anemone

Anemone

I used to keep my GSP on an island attached to LR to keep it from spreading to the rest of the tank. I do agree with Frans, it should be attached to LR. This will keep it from getting moved to an undesirable place.

5. Evo R

Evo R

Ive got two different ones on there own pieces of LR. Within a month they have fully covered that rock. Luckily its not part of the main rock work because they will cover that too in a matter of months. O and dont let them get attached to your glass either as it will grow on that too.

6. seank

seank

Noooooo, do not leave them there. I'll send you my address :biggrin: :p

Jokes aside, it is fine if you attach it to rock.Glue/stick them onto small manageable pieces of rock. You can always move them around in the tank as soon as they spread- they attach and spread fast

7. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope Thread Starter

i put it n a piece of live rock. Can I just leave it on the rock and itll attach itself or should i stick it down. Also,they said I should use an elastic band or some fishing line. Ill rather go for fishing line as it would be easier to tie the gsp to the rock as with a elastic band.

8. seank

seank

I always used ghost cotton as it "hooks" to anything. Get them at your local fishing tackle shop. No need for knots etc, just wind it around the coral and rock once or twice, and off you go

Recent Posts