Green Worm

belindamotion

Google Master
Reaction score
Can someone please help me ID this...I've never seen it before...I know I have a worm of some sorts in my Tank as I get a movement now and again in the holes of the rock, but it was always very thin and dark in colour...at one stage I thought my Brittle Starfish has somehow managed to stay alive, but today I saw this "green plump silkworm" like Creature...never seen it before and definately not what I saw previously in my Tank...sorry, photo was taken on the bend of the glass as that was the only spot I could actually see it and I couldn't zoom in anymore..when he moved it was doing so...very slowly...
picture.php

Peanut worm? It's very hard to tell from the photo.

could be some sort of slug or nudibranch?
I have NOOOOOOOO clue...pity the guy was at such a weird angle and everytime I moved my focus the guy got distorted..sigh..can't say if it was "slug" "snail" or "worm"...I'm going with worm because it reminded me of a nice fat silkworm..:p

peanut worm would be my guess. try have a look after dark with a normal torch light, they are generally noctural and will retract from the light slowly. Peanut worms normally have a hole they live in and stay in one place, i have three monstrous fellas in my tank and they are great to watch

Peanut worm? It's very hard to tell from the photo.

The end, thin section of this picture I have seen in my Tank...hence me thinking at one stage that it could be a Peanut Worm...
44204e43df4d3f4c9.jpg

But it's the first time I saw the "green" worm...the diameter of the Peanut worm is 1/4 or 1/6th the diameter of this worm...

peanut worm would be my guess. try have a look after dark with a normal torch light, they are generally noctural and will retract from the light slowly. Peanut worms normally have a hole they live in and stay in one place, i have three monstrous fellas in my tank and they are great to watch
So I could be seeing the other end of the Peanut Worm..? hence the diameter difference..?

Back
Top Bottom