Urgent help needed Green tip anenome not sticking

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by DaneMac, 5 Apr 2015.

1. DaneMac

DaneMac

Hi Guys,

I have bought this new anenome a few days ago and he doesnt want to stick to the rocks.

Is he dead?
    How do i get him to stick?

I also have a local blaas oppie that is all slimy and his fins look spotty but i am not sure.

Please help, dont want them to die and infect the rest of my fish.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. tekkengal

tekkengal Moderator

Can you post a pic?
    Also, how old is your tank, lighting (plus age of bulbs) tank size and what are your parameters?

4. weezle

weezle

Other fish?
    How are your other fish doing? I would remove the puffie if it is going slimey, treat it in a hospital tank perhaps.
    If your tank is only a month or two old I would suggest passing the anemone on to somebody who would be Abel to care for it properly and whose tank meets the anemones requirements.
    If you are new to the hobby I would suggest maintaining a fish only tank for about 6 months and then once you have the hang of caring for your fish moovie onto corals.

5. DaneMac

DaneMac Thread Starter

All my other fish are doing great, i have had the system crash recently,but that has all been sorted out now. I will see if i can get a friend to take the anemone, at the moment i have a fish only system. I will buy the test kits tomorrow and check the water parameters. Will see if the company that maintains my tank will be able to put the puffer into there hospital tank.

weezle likes this.
  6. zippy

zippy

what sort of flow have you got in the tank? is the anemone flying around in the current?

7. DaneMac

DaneMac Thread Starter

Managed to get the tank sorted, anemone went back to the shop and the puffer didnt make it. All my water parameters are as they should be, and now i should be able to check any time as i bought the test kit and the refractometor. I also got a nice chocolate tang and a beautiful ear spot angel.
    @zippy - I am running two sicce pumps with a wave controller and a dual sun sun pump. Apparently the anemone that i had needs extremely high lighting and the par also needs to be high.Have no clue what PAR is, but i have ordered two 1.2m LED lighting systems, F**CK*G expensive though at R6500 a pop.

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  8. Brendan6

Brendan6

Howzit bud. Yes there is a lot you do not realize about this hobby if you do not know what you are getting yourself into, lightings is one of them. What light units did you get and what light unit have you replaced?

9. zippy

zippy

wow, you guys have cash, I spent maybe R 600.00 on my DIY LED units and have 5 thriving nennies.

TaahirS, red deacon and JS like this.
Recent Posts