Green Star Polyps

Reaction score
Hi All

I recently purchased some GSP frags from another member and to date they haven't opened up yet. The frags were covered in alot of GHA as well as some Cyno. I have tried everything from moving them to different spots in my tank to brushing the algae off lightly. My water parameters were tested about week ago at my LFS:

Calcium - 417
Ammonia - 0
Nitrate - 0
Nitrite - 0,5
PH - 8.0
Phosphate - 0.51

I did close to a 50% water change last sunday which should have brought my phosphates down. Alot of my corals including zoa's and xenia's are doing much better after the water change. I do recall seeing one polyp peeping out the day I added the frags to the tank which is now little over two weeks ago.

I've read up alot about these corals and I know that in some tanks they thrive under the right conditions. Just think its strange that they don't seem to be happy in my tank eventhough all other inhabitants are.

Open to any advice on the topic hopefully someone else has experienced the same before?

Pics taken this evening:

Reaction score
Hi
Iv also purchased gsp few weeks back which was also covered in algae. However my polyps was open then decided to brush the algae it took 1 week to fully open again. I keep mine in high flow and good lighting. They also like some nitrate in the water.

Reaction score
what is your alk at ? , and your tank doesnt look like it has enough flow , position the stars as high up as you can and give them as much flow as possible , and stop moving them around