Green Star Polyps

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by cm101, 21 Dec 2015.

1. cm101

cm101

Hi All

I recently purchased some GSP frags from another member and to date they haven't opened up yet. The frags were covered in alot of GHA as well as some Cyno. I have tried everything from moving them to different spots in my tank to brushing the algae off lightly. My water parameters were tested about week ago at my LFS:

Calcium - 417
    Ammonia - 0
    Nitrate - 0
    Nitrite - 0,5
    PH - 8.0
    Phosphate - 0.51

I did close to a 50% water change last sunday which should have brought my phosphates down. Alot of my corals including zoa's and xenia's are doing much better after the water change. I do recall seeing one polyp peeping out the day I added the frags to the tank which is now little over two weeks ago.

I've read up alot about these corals and I know that in some tanks they thrive under the right conditions. Just think its strange that they don't seem to be happy in my tank eventhough all other inhabitants are.

Open to any advice on the topic hopefully someone else has experienced the same before?

Pics taken this evening:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. reefer101

reefer101 Archangel

Hi
    Iv also purchased gsp few weeks back which was also covered in algae. However my polyps was open then decided to brush the algae it took 1 week to fully open again. I keep mine in high flow and good lighting. They also like some nitrate in the water.

chavoos likes this.
  4. cm101

cm101 Thread Starter

Thanks @reefer101 I guess its a waiting game at the moment. I have them in a high flow area with decent lighting at the moment will wait it out and see if anything changes.

5. puffer fish

puffer fish

what is your alk at ? , and your tank doesnt look like it has enough flow , position the stars as high up as you can and give them as much flow as possible , and stop moving them around

Recent Posts