Green hard algae

nakoma

Clownfish
Reaction score
i get this really hard to remove algae that grows on my front glass it is green and hard like rock it covers the galss sometimes somone has tried to remove it before by using a pice of steal wool it did remove it but the glass is all messed up so i need to replace it pretty soon but i know it is going to grow again so how do i remove it from the front glass i am not worried about it growing on the other glass it is just to remove it from the front glass

calvin

Cardinal
Reaction score
just remve it with a blade!

calvin

Cardinal
Reaction score
i feel they work fine if you get a good one! i remove corraline so i dont think the green algaes will be any problem at all

nakoma

Clownfish
Reaction score
thanks people this seems the best method as everyone is doing it thanks for your support:thumbup:

calvin

Cardinal
Reaction score
cool man

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
You could even glue/tie an old bankcard to a stick and use that to scrape off the hard algae.

Rory

Admin
Reaction score
Don't know where you are but Sams in CT sells those scraper things for like R15 with a blade... They work well enough. If it's a lot of glass there's the aqua medic scraper which has really wide blades but they harder to get.

palmerc

Chromis
Reaction score
Tip I got from Psycho was to use a paint scraper. Really cheap and can get them in wide options. Also heavy duty so are a lot better than those plastic thigns that take a minora blade.

I use one now all the time for coralline and it works very well, much better than scraping each coralline spot with a credit card.