Green Emerald Crabs - Wiki Entry

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
144249a4fc5019a5e.jpg

Name:
Green Emerald Crabs

Scientific name
Mithrax Sculptus

Origin
Reefs of the Caribbean

General characteristics
Distinct, flat shiny green body and hairy legs easily identify the Emerald Mithrax Crab.

Aquarium size
They say 1 per 25gallons

Compatability with other fish
Safe

Reefsafe
Safe

Diet
They have dull tipped claws that they use to pick various types of algae from the rockwork. They are one of the few inverts that will eat nuisance bubble algae which makes them very popular among reef keepers.
It will also feed on uneaten meaty foods and many of the types of nuisance algae found in reef aquariums.

Special care
The Emerald Mithrax Crab is nocturnal and hide in caves and amongst rock and coral during the day.
In the home aquarium, it requires a well-established aquarium with plenty of rockwork and hiding places.
Care needs to be taken to ensure an ample supply of food is available for the Emerald Mithrax Crab.
Many supplement their diet with dried seaweed and chopped meaty foods, such as shrimp, and/or a quality pellet fish food.
Like other invertebrates, the Emerald Mithrax does not tolerate copper-based medications or fluctuating water parameters

updated

there was a conversation about a wiki of some sort, i think i moaned alot and decided to start adding, my second entry, i dare the others :) HAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom