Green clown goby with pink spots

Discussion in 'Quarantine Tanks, sick fish, QT corals' started by Gesiggie, 15 Jun 2014.

1. Gesiggie

Gesiggie Challenge accepted

Hi all,
    These spots showed up about 3 days ago, starting with one or two small marks I ignored, and then few more, then lots that is growing in size. These spots are slightly elevated, giving the skin a bumpy appearance.
    He is still eating and moving around as normal.
    The only changes over the last month was a coral colony, and a candy cane on thursday.
    The only other fish that MIGHT be infected is the midas blenny, which have two small spots that have not changed in size or color. The rest of the fish are all fine (appearance-wise)
    Another difference I noted the past few days, was my two pins sulking horribly, and my emerald crab moulting. Nothing else I can remember noting.

Did a WC today, last one was about 6 weeks ago.

Did not have time to check any water parms, except temp that is stable at 24.7.

Any thoughts?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    FTS showing sulking pins.
    Goby stays in mushrooms above them.
    [​IMG]

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

From Thursday to today is too short for the candy cane to be the reason why, even if it was a parasite coming in on the candy cane.

How old is the goby?

4. Gesiggie

Gesiggie Thread Starter Challenge accepted

Yes, also thinking that the candy cane is innocent, just wanted to be as thorough with information as possible.
    Not sure about his age, got him from another member's system, and have had him in my system since july 2012.

Recent Posts