Urgent help needed Green Clown Goby and Lawnmower Blenny

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by brandonb, 6 Feb 2010.

1. brandonb

brandonb

Hi

Finally got a Green Clown Goby today ....

long story short the Goby hid right after I put him in... was not worried about one hour later I decided to try feeding my tank the Omega One Flakes I bought today (thanks Lanzo)

Suddenly the goby shot out the LR to eat the flakes ... yeah!!! he eats ...but my happiness was shortlived... the lawnmower blenny started attacking him !!!! The lawnmower is small (5cm) compared to the normal ones I have seen but still a giant to my baby green clown goby(2cm)...

Will he stop soon or is he gonna kill my goby ?

The lawnmower has been acting weird lately he bites me when I put my hand in the tank to do maintenance/feeding etc....

The problem is I dont have a sump and cant move him to my dads tank since he already has a lawnmower ... Im sick of this shit...he better start getting along or I will have no choice but to move him to my fathers tank where he will get some of his own medicine from a 6 line and the other lawnmower...

Please help

Brandon

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. brandonb

brandonb Thread Starter

More info:

The lawnmower doesnt know where it is unless he moves (Luckily Green Clown Gobies dont move alot) but once it moves he chases him...

I moved the rockwork around just now ...so I will monitor what is going on now...

4. brandonb

brandonb Thread Starter

the lawnmower is still chasing the goby!!! :(

Please Help

5. Fishy Steve

Fishy Steve Hiden super user

As far as i know there are just some gobies and blennies that don't get along. Those clowns are kinda fragile so i would move one of them before its too late. I had a clown goby and was sad to see him go.

6. brandonb

brandonb Thread Starter

Dont have somewhere to move them... as I dont have a sump and my fathers tank has a lawnmower blenny ...

7. brandonb

brandonb Thread Starter

Did some research about them fighting and they say that its not that they dont get along its just about the territory ... the blennies are very territorial espessially around their "house" ... to any fish ...or hand, where the gobies are only aggressive to other gobies about territory... I will see what happens tomorrow as the light is out now ...

(I did do research before I bought but did not pick up that they would fight)

8. Warr7207

Warr7207

Your tank is too small for both these fish. The lawnmower will chase him for some time to come. Hopefully he gets bored

9. Matt

Matt MASA Contributor

Remove the lawnmower man. Simple.

Gobies are really not able to live with aggressive territorial fish.

10. brandonb

brandonb Thread Starter

Unfortunately I have not seen the goby again since the first night I got him (saterday)

I presume he has passed :(:(:(:(:( this is really hard since I really wanted one, I would have removed the lawnmower the next morning because what happened was saterday night I fed the fish and thats when I saw the goby out for the first time since I put him in earlier that day... also when I saw the lawnmower chase him

After feeding I changed my scaping in order to confuse the lawnmower but it didnt help ... so I decided to move him the next day, since it was already late... (and raining I was scared while acclimating him into my dads sump the water would get too cold)

I also lost a blue leg hermit crab yesterday (or so it seems) the cleaner shrimp was eting its remains (the pistol shrimp is the main suspect)

And my purple firefish has also disapeared :( ???

I am in the process of catching that pistol ...

Will try a green clown goby again when I upgrade as it is my second favorite fish...(mandarin being my first)

Brandon

Recent Posts