Great variety of SPS Frag added

....especially for my avid supporter, the following coral is one of my personal favourites.

Ultimate Staghorn Acropora:

Similar to the previous stag horn post, I like them because of the depth of my tank (filling those empty spaces). Again, as they are mostly frags or small colonies, the true splendour of this coral is not yet visible. But I BELIEVE in its ability to deliver on the promise.

Like with Most Acropora - This is Higher in the tank offering strong flow and light conditions.

Apologies - not the best picture but you get the idea.
The second picture is of the web to show what I am expecting :y13:

IMG_8607.jpg

AFDA250E-69FC-4FC3-93EB-CC29AD92A76F.jpeg

Oh my gosh please tell me that is not a pearlberry?

Lol, hope it colours up soon!
I am in a similar position, a tenuis I bought looks like a walt disney, waiting for the colours to stabilise before I can confirm :)

Sorry for the delay in getting more items on the thread, but back to work this week and was manic...

Continuing on the various Digi selection, the next is:

Pink Mdntipora Digitata:

I have very little pink in the tank at the moment, will add more, but for now this is one of 2 pink corals I have. Whilst the colours are not quite what it should be, I am looking forward to seeing this one come into full form...

IMG_8684.jpg

The following coral I saw on a friends post and could not help myself! I tried getting a frag and just couldn't find anywhere - and then, just by accident, got this in - I am absolutely delighted. Early days, but this will enjoy lots of attention in the weeks to come:

Forest Fire Montipora Digitata

This brings a burst of colour and like with all the other Digis, they like light and flow - I have however placed this in high flow in the lower, front of the tank - Hoping that it will do well. This puts it close for me to enjoy :m12:

IMG_8700.jpg

Some help would be appreciated: 2x Unknows

I would appreciate your help with the following one. Traded this with a friend and came in as No-Name Acropora... Green base and dark blue branches. As it settled over the last couple of weeks, it started pushing growth points and they are Turquoise in colour - I now have no idea what this could be...

Any Ideas what Acro Family, and possible Name, this could be? (First Pic)

The second pic is similar - Traded as No-Name. The picture does not do it justice as the tips have this light baby blue coloration - I have no idea what this could be - Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks guys!

IMG_8702.jpg

IMG_8703.jpg

A.Plana possibly on the 1st one,more likely if it holds the turquoise back behind the tips which are more blue (on mine anyway)
Polyps look about right for it be one - they are quite a full polyp/hairy looking piece once their in happy mode

A.Plana possibly on the 1st one,more likely if it holds the turquoise back behind the tips which are more blue (on mine anyway)
Polyps look about right for it be one - they are quite a full polyp/hairy looking piece once their in happy mode

Thanks Tuna! Much appreciated....I will keep track as it grows and let you know if it is (at least now am tracking against something :))

Any idea on the second one o_O

@'D'
18 Corals shared so far, 52 more to go :biggrin:

Last edited:
Hello, hello...so here we go with the next update.

Orange and Green Plating Montipora - possibly a M. capricornus

As you all know, more common species to the aquarium trade and what I have now are pieces kept from my previous tanks. Nevertheless, still a unique coral - Easy, grows fast and covers large open spaces in 'no time'...given other growth rates.

These, I have found, you can place almost anywhere in the tank and they do just fine!

IMG_8709.jpg

IMG_8714.jpg

Continuing with Montipora, i have some more exciting ones:

Bright Green Montipora Spongodes:

This monti is tough, encrusting and branching! Given the right light conditions and high flow, grows fast and adds a shot of bright green colour to the tank. Montipora Spongodes is also quite a 'bushy' coral, with large polyp extensions.

IMG_8730.jpg

As there is quite a bit of LR in my tank, thought it would be nice to have some Montipora encrusting, between some of the corals.

I have added the following:

Aussie Monti: Light Green with Red Polyps (first Pic)

This one has been added to my system only a couple weeks back and have gone very light - even though I know it is very light, it almost looks white (but not quite). I have also not yet seen the red colouration of the Polyps....watch this space (Apologies for the bad picture)

Yellow Polyps, Purple Rim, Green Montipora:

This one too, needs time to lighten up and i cannot yet see the yellow in the polyps nor the purple rim...I assume it will become more evident once settled and you can see some growth.

Both of these have been placed with M-H Light and high flow...:)

IMG_8707.jpg

IMG_8715.jpg

The following piece, I traded for with a fellow reefer here in Jhb. I have been very surprised as it came in as a two tone Acropora... I would very much appreciate your thought and possible ID: o_O

IMG_8719.jpg

Back
Top Bottom