Got me a new TOY! A belated XMAS pressie - from me & me wife! SKIMMER!

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Howzit everyone! I JUST completed installing our new BABY! I am really CURIOUS as to HOW EXACTLY this baby will affect our 2 metre reef tank!

I will post pics soon...... (still have to resize them)....

I will tease you all a bit - it stands about 1 metre high (well, nearly), is about 25cm in diameter, has 2 AquaBee pumps - and is an external......

Guess..... ;) ;) ;)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

A true beast.

not too fimiluar with them but have only heard goodthings about them... given that they have an aquabee pump they must be good.. excelently priced for performance i hear... i also have a new toy on the way but mines second hand... and also at a good price..;)

OK - here you go:

Bubble Bagus BM-260 External Skimmer, rated for 1500 litres with 2 x 2000 litre / hour AquaBee ReRirc pumps....
145495a5bebbbe63.jpg

145495a5c41193ed.jpg

145495a5c762c14b.jpg

145495a5cac66e85.jpg

145495a5d84bd11e.jpg

145495a5dc009e70.jpg

145495a5defd5084.jpg

145495a5e3465d98.jpg

The last 3 pics show the skimmate production after 10 minutes.... (of switching it on)....

But, since then I have set the skimmer to skim a lot drier...... It also has a built-in outlet pipe that the skimmate can exit to a 25 litre drum.....

OK - so what do you guys think?

BTW: currently I still have the 2 x ReefTek TS2's running as well. I will most likely remove them once my BM260 is fully run-in, and then advertise them "For Sale" once I have removed and cleaned them....

Hi there can you post a pic with the pumps installed, I dont understand how it works and how you can adjust it to produce diffrent skim.

Please!

Been blowed away here this week hope ct is better weather

nice day

looking good there Jacques....Im sure once run in you will see lots of skimate..

Hi Flappy - no - I hope not ;)

I have the skimmate exiting through a pipe attached to the cup, to a 25 litre drum standing next to the skimmer..... I will "hopefully" only have to clean the drum out once every 3 months or so ;)

Back
Top Bottom