GoSlowJoe, new and need some advise :)

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am new to Saltwater aquariums and need some advise on where to find Black Marine Safe Silicon in Cape Town.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
GoSlowJoe
:1:

Welcome, try and contact this lady and ask where in Cape town you can purchase it.
Janine Yeatman
Product Manager

Tel: (011) 792 3830
Fax: (011) 793 4226
Janine Yeatman <JYeatman@denbraven.co.za>

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow

Wow

I wasn't expecting so many responses :)

Thanks guys. Am going to make a few calls and see what I can find.

Thanks
GoSlowJoe
:1:

My tank

welcome to masa and good luck with the build, what size tank are you planning

Hi crispin

I am building a 900mm X 900mm X 600mm Deep tank. I have hiema helping me with the design and setup.

I m looking at setting up a soft coral tank with a couple of clowns. 200 Watts of LED's with some mixed colours. Red/Blue/White. I hope that it isn't too ambitious :thumbup:

Couldn't find any black silicone so am going to have to settle with clear for now.

Don't settle Joe, find the black stuff. Rather take more time and get what you planned for.

There you go !! Knew @nemeziz za could help !!! *cheers for me* lol

Hi Guys,

Am sorted for black silicone for now :).

Has anyone here tried making thir own Live Rock?

I have found a couple of interesting links but am still unsure on what the best local cement is to use.

Any more advise will definately be appreciated :)

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Am sorted for black silicone for now :).

Has anyone here tried making thir own Live Rock?

I have found a couple of interesting links but am still unsure on what the best local cement is to use.

Any more advise will definately be appreciated :)

Thanks
You can use portland white cement mixed with aragonite & add coarse salt to create cavities once died after a couple of weeks the soak it in RO for more than a couple of weeks... Portland white cement is ok to use...:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom