Goniopora

Please look out for the dyed ones. I fell in that trap, it is naturally brown, if you get a yellow one the odds are 99% that it is dyed. It dies a auwfull slow death in the tank and is heartbreaking to see. Ok thats the bad side. Anyone got the up side?

I believe manganese is one of the secrets to their survival.

Robbie do some reading. The brown Gonnie is generally easier to keep than some of the other colours.
I did a lot of reading about them at one stage. I found this site to be very good.
http://www.goniopora.org/

on this topic
there is a awsome gonopora sitting at azure its been there a few months now and still looking big and healthy! however its got no lights in its tank so i dont know how much longer it will last, so if anyone has a good tank and feels like a rescue please give wilfred a call

yeah, I've had some good hard long looks at that beauty, very hard not to take it.

How are the elegance corals doing Calvin?

Ive heard they are hard to keep due to the feeding..,.

amazingly everything is doing fine i brought the verry big frog spawn and im going back tomorrow for more ! ha ha cant resist

Calvin PLease post some pics of your frogspaw our what ever else you got( Getting) LOL:)

in the next week ill post loads of pics

Guys how difficult is it to keep Goniopora? I've read that they are hard to keep well fed.
Copperband i seem to have really good luck with these corals and don't target feed at all, but then when i feed the fish i suppose they do get the odd morsel. When my tank cracked i forgot my poor gonni in the sump with out lights for a few months, it came out snow white with only a few polyps surviving but has made a remarkable recovery. I think my success here is a high fish load and the use of NSW.

dont you want another one alan ?

Would love another one, just dont have the space for it.

its a pity
winks has a monster one in stock ! its the most amazing coral iv ever seen

Back
Top Bottom