Going rate for gem tang?

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
I am just interested to know what the going rate for a large gem tang would be? Any one know?

If you promise to sit down and keep away from sharp objects, i'll tell you the going rate in the UK.

I have been offered one but i have caught them before. So im gonna take a chance and wait till i catch another one

Why is the Gem Tang so prized, I reckon it's ugly, I rather throw the R5K at school of yellow tangs than this boring looking fish.

they are beautiful.. i knoe what you are saying warr7207 but when you have owned one i garauntee you will want another..

i dont want it because its a status fish i truly enjoy their character and will agree that they become less appealing when getting bigger.

Now Now, Summer is almost here, just hold on and let the hunting commence no? :lol: Not to mention some other beauty's like PBs, Butterfly, Pommies and Moorish Idols cough cough? :whistling:

ha ha storm i intend on starting to dive again but i am extreemly selective about what i take.. i have taken far to many fish out of the sea for friends only to see them die due to lack of interest and attention when the season fever dies out.. where can i see more info on your tank and i will gladly get you something should i come across something you are looking for..

They're rare Warr. Like the kingii angel... Black tang also pretty pricy.

An expensive tang that I would be willing to pay some bucks for is the Achilles, now that is a pretty fish. Just damn hard to keep happy :whistling:

lolz i wassant hinting at you diving me out fish, but at the fact there are other fish just as pretty as a Gem tang. As for my profile it requires updating... Haven't posted pics or info of my corals or livestock in a while. But none the less its under Member Setups. Aquarium Info under my Avatar would be most up-to-date.

Back
Top Bottom