going for a trip!!!

Discussion in 'Diving, Collecting and Environmental Discussions' started by RUAN, 4 Jul 2012.

1. RUAN

RUAN

Hi guys I'm going down to the Durban and Margate(Manaba) area in 2 days and I am wondering if you guys can give me some nice spots where to collect fish....looking for some nice angels,surgeons if I can and maybe if im lucky a sml lion fish...can any one advise me please...!!!!!
    Thanks

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. brentv

brentv

Won't Lie conditions are pretty shocking down here at the moment..
    Gale Force winds! reckon Saturday morning is your best bet!;)
    Vetchies always a safe place to dive for specimens, but if you are looking for softies and zoas you gotta head south, from Manaba 20 KM south you can pond hop at spots like Munster and Palm beach (Only low tide though!)
    Good Luck, and don't be dispondent if you dont see too much nice stuff at the mo...
    we only normally catch between Nov-April! (You never know though:tt2:)

4. X Faktor

X Faktor

Vetchies point or North Pier for fish and rock pools for zoas, blennys etc.... Although not best time to collect now, there will be the odd toby, wrasse, shrimp etc etc... Or perhaps the infamous "uncatchable" goldie on Vetchies...:whistling:

Last edited: 4 Jul 2012
Recent Posts