Goby needs a home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muz

Reaction score
Yeah sure, he will not be there long, he is not a sand sifter but does burrow, I have to find him a home cos I dont want him in my main display and a buddy just pitched up one day with him in a bucket ! So I had to adopt him. I am keeping him well fed in the mean time.

Muz

Hey Muz, if you wanna get rid of the goby, I'll probably be interested? Where you at?

What kinda goby is it - any pics?

Hey Muz, if you wanna get rid of the goby, I'll probably be interested? Where you at?

What kinda goby is it - any pics?

It is a common Goby by the looks of it, I will snap a pic and post if you really want.. I am in CT, but not serious, I have someone who will take him if you dont want him.. no charge, I just want my DSB back.. I am in the process of planning a refugium which will double up as a hospital tank, or QT.. It will be able to be fed water from the main display but then flush the water expelled..

Muz

Muz, get me that pic ASAP mate, Mango is sending a frag and some halides up to me via air on Wednesday, maybe you could drop it off by her and she can add it in.

Would appreciate it mate, thanx. I'll just confirm with Mango that it would be fine.

This is the best I can do for now.. sorry I am swamped getting a poker evening sorted.. um, if you need a better pic let me know..

I can tell you he is happy and is eating, other than that.. oh , he can dig a hole quick !

Muz

Sep12007001.gif

A buddy of mine caught him while diving and dropped him off.. irritating !

hahaha... dude, just catch him and put him back in the sea, he'll be fine!!!

Yeah, I have my son this weekend so the big 'setting free' is happening tomorrow

Muz

poor oke is gonna get such a fright when he jumps into CT water again, gonna freeze his gonads off !!! :lol:

Yeah I did'nt have the heart to do it.. so I dropped him into a tank at a LFS.. he should at least be happy there and maybe find a good home..

Muz

mmmm

I had about 18 of them... then they started to bore me... and I returned about a bottle full of them back at the ponds I caught them in..... and there were 3... Then I added a heater to the tank... and they died of all sorts of fungus and stuff...

It’s really weird that this one adapted to the water temp.... and it was caught in cape tows water.... weird...

they go by the common name of "klip vis" meaning they live under rocks.

Is it just me or do I see everything
:)

I think most people that live at the coast have had 1 in their tank as some point in time, easy to catch... just watch out, the wife might get attached to it(used to eat out of her hand) and then there will be tears when you have to let it go.
They are extremely hardy, I used to throw them in while the tank was cycling, I've never lost 1.

These ones that I had where more like piranhas... when I placed my hand in the tank the attacked me! My white hand must have looked like a nice piece of octopus...

Freaky little dudes....

ow my girl friend was way too freaked out... and did not want to put her finger into the tank... :p

jacques...I'm sure these guys would survive in a bottle of tequila at 50'C, most hardy fish I've ever seen. Perfect for when the tank is cycling, they'll survive the harshest nitrite and ammonia enviroment ever.
A friend of mine was cycling his tank with 2 of these gobies in. he took a nitrite reading of 2,7mg/l, and both of them were perfectly healthy. I'm sure any other fish would of been long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom