Urgent help needed Glass tank leaking

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Phyrannus, 6 Dec 2010.

1. Phyrannus

Phyrannus

SOS... i need your help guys... my new 120g glass tank leaking at the bottom pane. I did a test leak before and everythings ok but after i transferred my whole set up after 3 hours i notice a leak it coming from a bottom & front glass silicon. 1 drop every 2 to 3 seconds. I tried to put silicon and press it for a seconds but water keeps pushing the silicon. What can i use? please help.:(

Last edited: 6 Dec 2010
  2. Guest

3. AfricaOffroad

AfricaOffroad

Take everything out, clean and dry the glass, then reseal it from the inside with marine silicon.

Allow to dry , then retest for leaks

4. durleo

durleo

use prately putty on the inside to seal the leak and that will give ur silicone enough time to dry on the outside. ;)

5. rakabos

rakabos

A quick fix is likely to be a problem in the long run. If you can, its best to dry the tank out and silicone it....

Recent Posts