Glass integrity

Reaction score
hey guys,

the one corner on one of the large pains of my 2.5m tank got chipped by the LFS that moved the tank and they are refusing to replace it.

Now i need know from the experts if this chip will crack the tank when i fill it up?

IMG_9603.jpg

IMG_9604.jpg

IMG_9605.jpg

Is it on the front or the side panel of the tank?

Can you post a pic from the left hand view?

Henk - The BEST way I would suggest in "saving" this, is to actually have a brace on the OUTSIDE of the corner, as well as the inside. Then, I would say - "go ahead and fill"...
BUT, you will have to put a brace (small pieces of glass) on both the outside as well as the inside.

Yea J - thats what i am thinking - when we build the hood and stuff around it we can hide it with wood

464496c6150da135.jpg

Just check if that's not a chip or a crack on the other pain

464496c6177615e3.jpg

My tank was also chipped and the crack started to run from a corner very simular to this :(

Is this a new tank you bought from the LFS?

Tobes its a tank that they moved from my biz partners house to my house - NEVER been filled. instead of the tank being moved from A to B - it got moved from A - to their old shop - then to their new shops - then to my house. If they had only moved it directly....

We just handed this client over for collection and liquidation....

Eish dude, if it's not a chip on the shoulder, it's now on the tank :razz:

i would use something like pratleys putty, it might be unsightly but the putty will turn to concrete like stuff and should hold

i like J's ideal - cut the pane out, put the chip and the top - cut out the chip and replace the cut out section with new glass - thus the crack gets stopped....

Back
Top Bottom