Glass hole saw

Reaction score
Hi guys,
This is addressed to the durban guys mostly but if anyone can help then by all means.
I am looking to borrow a 32 mm diamond hole saw to drill my 4 foot tank(10 mm glass) if anyone has 1 or if anyone knows where to buy 1 then I will go that route.
Cheers
Shane

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Try Andrew (millepora) he might be able to help.

Galibore

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Shane,

If you are looking to buy, I bought mine at Builder's Warehouse. R190 I think for the 25mm one. Not the best but perfect for once in a while use ;)

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Shane / Galibore -

I am not sure whether all Builders Warehouses sell the diamond-tipped hole-saws (for use of cutting holes in glass/tanks).....

I tried Builders Warehouse in Cape Town (both) and neither had any. I found that Mica sold both the diamond-tipped holesaw, as well as the centre-drill with the fitting.

Total would have been around R245. The hole-saw itself was R140..... The centre drill-bit, was R35, and the fitting R70.

Cheers.

Reaction score
Thanks guys,
I will try all the outlets listed and let you guys know if I come right.
Cheers

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just an update on the glass holesaw. I managed to get 1 at Mica hareware in The Cresent shopping centre.They have got a few sizes to choose from.I paid R110 for it. It is made by a company called Tork craft and it works really well,it took me about 10 minutes to drill through 10 mm glass.Thanks to all that offered their help and input and if anyone is looking for a diamond core brit try the above mentioned hareware store.
Cheers

Tobes

Retired Moderator
Reaction score